Points display at checkout

More
9 years 6 months ago #24917 by hjames
This is a great plugin, my clients going to love it.

The problem however is that the user never sees any notification of how the points translate to dollars. In addition they never see how many points they use at checkout. Would really like to give the user some more information about the transaction. Perhaps put "Points Used" on the receipt or in the users transactions.

James

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #25327 by hjames
Replied by hjames on topic Points display at checkout
Any update to this?

James

More
9 years 5 months ago #25328 by nordmograph
Hey James,

Sorry I did not reply earlier. I must have missed this.
When payment is confirmed, a system message is supposed to anounce how many points have been deducted.
Isn't it the case ?

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 5 months ago #25348 by hjames
Here are some of the issues:

1. screencast.com/t/qmSq9U7bm << The user has no idea what a point is worth in dollars or the credit amount without first visiting his/her profile page? If we can make this present at checkout it makes more sense to me.

2. screencast.com/t/C6jEwzlZ95a << If my users can't buy with points and an additional payment we have another even larger issue. We think of the points as a giftcard or discount code basically. As I am certain our users do as well. If we enforce them to have 100% points to cover the purchase they are going to get mad.

Thanks,
James

More
9 years 5 months ago #25349 by nordmograph
Hi James,

I see.
1. You can tell more about the Payment method, and or points value in the Payment method description
It should be displayed on th epayment selection page.

2. I see , VM doesn't allow mixing payment methods forone order. But I could override this limitation , where points where used to create acoupon code on the fly to deduct the price and so it was possible to finish the order with another payment method. I only iplemented as testing in the AUPoints payment method.
I can implmeent it to the ES points plugin too.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 5 months ago #25444 by hjames
1. I agree I can add info here, but would be nice to display the users current points here as well some how.

2. If you can accomplish (2) I need this one pretty urgently.

Thanks,
James

Time to create page: 0.347 seconds