K2 Category Filter

More
9 years 8 months ago #23517 by dave_logic
Hi Adrien,

Just installed this. Have run into a few issues but will post these in the correct support section in a minute.

Feature Request 1

I think it would be far better and more scalable to filter the K2 categories within the Module parameters so that for sites with a lot of categories the admin can say have different maps (modules) allocated per categories chosen with an option to to enable / disable the map filter overlay if needed.

Feature Request 2

The option to add / read the address from an additional K2 field or group of fields (much like some of the other K2 Maps mods / plugins). The reason for this is that some sites would also want to be able to filter on these fields using one of the many field filtering mods out there. At present I will have to use both methods for the time being.

Regards,

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #23520 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic K2 Category Filter
Hi Dave

1 - I understand this makes sense and would offer more flexibility to admins

2 - Do you mean , supporting an exisiting 3rd party or Joomlaworks k2 location plugin ?
If so wich one in particular? Feel free to emil it to me so I can integrate the feature.

3 - I'll add another feature on the map: like the (new product to be released soon) Geommunity3:
MARKER SEARCH field at the top of the map (Ajax and Autocomplete)
demo: www.geommunity3.com/demos/geommunity3-for-jomsocial.html

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #23521 by dave_logic
Replied by dave_logic on topic K2 Category Filter
1 - I understand this makes sense and would offer more flexibility to admins..

Thanks....This would be a very helpful feature and would also help page load by spreading out across separate modules.

2 - Do you mean , supporting an exisiting 3rd party or Joomlaworks k2 location plugin ?
If so wich one in particular? Feel free to emil it to me so I can integrate the feature.

Hi. What I mean is that for example, all articles on my site will have extra fields: Author, Date, Street Name, City, Postcode as default. Rather than re-enter the address using the Street address field on the map. Couldn't the Geocheckin component either read from these fields (or maybe a single field ) and work out the co-ords for the map from this or maybe the reverse: Adding via the address box on the map also copies this raw value into a pre-defined additional K2 Field.

3 - I'll add another feature on the map: like the (new product to be released soon) Geommunity3:
MARKER SEARCH field at the top of the map (Ajax and Autocomplete)
demo: www.geommunity3.com/demos/geommunity3-for-jomsocial.html

This looks great...When is it ready for download / purchase and is the EasySocial version ready ? Its shame that you can't plugin the Geocheckin markers to show on Geommunity3 really. I will be using both EasySocial & K2 like a lot of people so makes sort of sense.
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by dave_logic.

More
9 years 8 months ago #23522 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic K2 Category Filter
2. I see so it would be more like custom fields dynamic filtering, like the one for profile field (graduation year) on the Geommunity3 map. Correct me if I'm wrong.

3. Geommunit3 will be launched by this weekend. Note Geommunity3 is a different product from Geommunity

Actually we're tryng to avoid integrating too many 3rd party extensions in Geommunity3 as we did on prior Geommunity. It made extension to heavy and hardly maintanable.
I think having different maps is not a problem especially as k2 places and ES users are distincts objects.
Also when it comes to displaying places and especially when looking for a place, it could be user unfriendly to have to filter users first etc...

We're not totaly closed when it comes to integrating 3rd party extensions into Geommunity3 (especially for CB as it's rather light when it comes to content varieties) but unless it becomes a top poular request, we'll provide that service as customization.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 8 months ago #23523 by dave_logic
Replied by dave_logic on topic K2 Category Filter
2. I see so it would be more like custom fields dynamic filtering, like the one for profile field (graduation year) on the Geommunity3 map. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, sort of except that the geolocation co-ords are worked out from the value in the K2 Extra field per article:

Example: K2 Extra Field: 'GeoCheckin_Address' = User input of '123 My Street, London, UK' which in turn creates the marker entry.

3. Geommunit3 will be launched by this weekend. Note Geommunity3 is a different product from Geommunity

Actually we're tryng to avoid integrating too many 3rd party extensions in Geommunity3 as we did on prior Geommunity. It made extension to heavy and hardly maintanable.
I think having different maps is not a problem especially as k2 places and ES users are distincts objects.
Also when it comes to displaying places and especially when looking for a place, it could be user unfriendly to have to filter users first etc...

We're not totaly closed when it comes to integrating 3rd party extensions into Geommunity3 (especially for CB as it's rather light when it comes to content varieties) but unless it becomes a top poular request, we'll provide that service as customization.

Yes, you do have point. any chance of Ajax, Clustering, module filtering on the GeoChecken map mod instead then. If not I am happy to pay for customisation of Geommunity3 :)

dave

Time to create page: 0.343 seconds