Is there any documentation that explains what the Geocheckin does?

More
7 years 5 months ago #35690 by MelB
[hr]Hi,
I was wondering if I could use this plugin for my easysocial events. Does this checkin community members. Can you explain what it does as it isn't quite clear to me in the product page.

Kind regards

Mel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #35705 by nordmograph
Hello MelB,
Sorry for the very little info. This was actually provided for a customer request.
It is not related to events, but to ES members:

Depending on profile types, some members can be host, other visitors ( or both )

Then depending on host profile coordinates and visitors smartphone coordinates, if both are geographically close enough, visitor can validate a checkin at that location.
I guess it could be somehow developped for events too.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
7 years 5 months ago #35710 by MelB
Hi,

thanks for your response.

That actually sounds very close to what I am looking for. This is what I want to happen.

1. User A puts up an event and publicises it
2. Other members can select the RSVP to say Attending
3. On day of event, if the members turn up, it somehow checks them in or someway to say they are at the event so during and after the event, 'User A' will know exactly who did actually turn up.

I was looking at Jticketing with their QRCode scanner as a checkin tool, but something like your geocode checkin would be so much simpler (and brilliant) if it were achievable.

Mel

More
7 years 5 months ago #35711 by nordmograph
I see.
I'll have to investigate what can be done with EasySocial events plugins. But I guess it will be possible , at least with custom fields plugin for events. Email me if you want a quote.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
7 years 5 months ago #35715 by MelB
|Hi,

I have used the Contact form to email you is that correct?

Kind regards

More
7 years 5 months ago #35717 by nordmograph
Yes this one
www.nordmograph.com/extensions/index.php...act&id=1&Itemid=1174

although I tested it right now , successfully, I dod not receive your email.

Time to create page: 0.663 seconds