admin sample profile avatars

More
8 years 10 months ago #28658 by Red
Hi is it possible to swap the automatic avatars for a more appropriate set of images? Can I offer a folder of images to use somehow for a more relevant to my site look (rather than -although very good- just a tad space invader look of 1972 )?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #28665 by nordmograph
Hi,
this is a complex question.
You'll have to make sure males don't have a femail face and that a picture is not used more than once.
The module doesn't support this for now.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
8 years 10 months ago #28673 by Red
Replied by Red on topic admin sample profile avatars
Thanks for the reply Nordmograph. Love your work by the way. What if I had an endless supply of avatars that were unisex and age less that suited my site. In other words, age, gender, nationality wouldnt matter with these images for my specific purposes. Can I just rename my images and swap them into the folder position.. or the likes?
I tried looking at avatars>users but this is after the fact. I need the folder your extension is drawing them from or something.
Yes I do need them exactly to look like an empty site is populated to kick it off but these avatars are just too un matched to the rest of the site and it makes my admin generated users distinguished apart rather than blended in.
Also is there any way to make the user name the first and last name? I changed the default setting in joomla to full name display and this has sufficed but would have preferred to use user names. Its just they are obviously computer generated user names too.
Thanks for any advise Nordmograph Keep producing great extensions!
Red

More
8 years 10 months ago #28674 by nordmograph
This plugin generates avatars from gravatar API
en.gravatar.com/site/implement/images/php/

Means there is no local ressource folder.
If you find another online ressource for more human avatars, I'd be glad to integrate it.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
8 years 10 months ago #28675 by Red
Replied by Red on topic admin sample profile avatars
Thanks Man

Time to create page: 0.347 seconds