Are Custom Marker Images possible at present pleas

More
9 years 8 months ago #23938 by PhoenixUK
Hi Nord,

I would like to ask if Custom Marker Images are possible at present in this version of Geommunity 3 for JS?

I would like to have our sites / communities small logo if possible to replace the standard marker.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course regarding the above.

Regards,
Rob
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #23941 by nordmograph
Yes, you can replace the png for markers in
com_geommunity3js\assets\img

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 8 months ago #24019 by PhoenixUK
Hi,

Thanks for the reply and much appreciated as always.

I have replaced it but is there a way I can't remember if Gemmunity3 for JS supports component override facility? The only reason I ask is so I don't have to return to replace this same thing again in future upon any future Geommunity3 for JS version updates. :)

Regards,
Rob

nordmograph wrote: Yes, you can replace the png for markers in
com_geommunity3js\assets\img

More
9 years 8 months ago #24021 by nordmograph
You're right.
I'll add a 'Markers folder' parameter to the component settings so it can be changed and then avoid being overwritten with default when upgrading Geommunity3.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 8 months ago #24023 by PhoenixUK
Hi,

I'm doing well tonight, a very productive one with my site haha, I'm also feeling useful for once instead of asking stupid questions. B)

Will this ability be released in a future version and how or which version would I and others know that we can move our markers over or will it be done automatically upon upgrade?

Regards,
Rob

nordmograph wrote: You're right.
I'll add a 'Markers folder' parameter to the component settings so it can be changed and then avoid being overwritten with default when upgrading Geommunity3.

More
9 years 8 months ago #24025 by nordmograph
I just added the feature. Can you redownload , upgrade (taking care of backuping your markers first :) ) and find the new Markers folder option in the component settings.

Change th epath to your desired path and copy the content of the originl folder , then replace markers or loaders you want to replace with your own. These won't be updated during future updates. Let me know if working as expected.

Time to create page: 0.345 seconds