[Pre-sale] Geommunity3 with SobiPro

More
9 years 6 months ago #25176 by cuscus
Good morning,

I would like to know the differences between the new version of Geommunity and the old one. I have the old Geommunity (mod_geommunity) in my Joomla 2.5 using SobiPro to show the entries in the map, but it's not working properly because is not geolocalizing my position as it should be.

My questions are:

1- Is this new version geolocalize my position correctly? How can I test a demo that geolocalize my position?
2- Is this new version working with SobiPro? What I need to connect it to my SobiPro entries?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #25177 by nordmograph
Hello Cuscus

1. This new version uses html5 geolocation as the old one wich does the job for most people. What do you mean it's not correct ?

2. Sobipro is not supportd/ New Geommunity focus on community members and related items (group events, media)

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 6 months ago #25179 by cuscus
Hello Nordmograph,

Thanks for your quick answer.

1 - See my Geommunity here: www.idermo.es/index.php?option=com_conte...le&id=123&Itemid=747
As you can see, maybe your position is right, but the radius search is not working as expected. My module is been modified a lot of times because it was showing wrong the position between browsers and OS. At the moment is not working as expected an that's why I'm looking for a perfect solution.

I need this to be geolocalise at the begining and then show the X entries in some X radius of search. Can I check that feature? Because in the demo I'm not geolocalised.

2 - You are working on this feature? I have more than 12.000 entries in my SobiPro at the moment and I can't change to a different component. If that's no possible, which one (of the 3 I have seen in the demo site) is the best one for me? The users have to insert they entry using a form and then search them using another form.

Regards,

More
9 years 6 months ago #25189 by nordmograph
1. I enabled the html5 geolocation on that map:
www.geommunity3.com/index.php?option=com...icle&id=1&Itemid=128
Make sure you share your location with your browser
It will load markers around you and load more if yo zoom out or move the viewport of the map.

2. Eventually this can be a custom additional work. You can email me for a quote. Precise howmany Sobipro sections you have. You'lll have to provide me Your Sobipro version as the SPGeomap plugin for dev purpose.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 5 months ago #25283 by cuscus
Thanks Nordmograph again for your quick answer.

Why is the map geolocalising wrong? I'm the center of Barcelona and it´s showing outside the town.

Also I would like to know which one of the 3 "community" it's better for my case, because I need to have different groups (different icons).

Regards.

More
9 years 5 months ago #25284 by nordmograph
Only way is to use different user profiles and have one icon per profile type.
Then any of Jomsocial or EasySocial would do. Community Builder won't.

Time to create page: 0.356 seconds