Advice before buying (today)

More
9 years 7 months ago #24597 by Buzz50
I would like to buy Geommunity3 for Community Builder today and want a little reassurance please.

I have 8,000 members on my www.buzz50.com/ site and the previous version slowed my site a lot so I stopped using it. Maybe it was my hosting package which was at fault.
Since then I have upgraded and my site is now hosted with siteground.com on their Cloud 4 VPS account + Joomla Booster:
www.siteground.com/cloud-hosting.htm

Can the Community Builder tab now be shown as a 'Tabbed pane', I bought the previous version of Geommunity and it couldn't.

Joomla 3.3.3
Community Builder 1.9.1

I can give you a log in if you like.

Hoping to hear back soon so that I can buy what looks like an amazing product,
Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #24598 by nordmograph
Hello Buzz50!

Yes the older Geommunity used to load every markers and infowindow on the page load. wich was rather slow on crowded maps.

The new Geommunity only loads current map view markers (without infowindows) with ajax, and if the map is moved or zoomed in/out new markers are loaded and hidden markers are removed.

Also infowindow queries & content are only processed / loaded when marker is clicked.

These ajax requeste make the Geommunity3 much lighter to process on any server type.
Also you can limit minimum and maximum zoom to prevent users to zoom out the whole world and load all the 8000 markers. Usually keeping a regional zoom range is a godd practice.

The CB plugin still doesn't load the map correctly when tabbed, but as you mention It now know a potential solution to this using jquery, making the map reinitialized when tabed is opened.

Let me know if you have more questions.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buzz50

More
9 years 7 months ago #24599 by Buzz50
Replied by Buzz50 on topic Advice before buying (today)
Thank you for your prompt reply!

I have bought and downloaded Geommunity 3 now and will set it up later today.

I had been reading the documentaion and noticed that the 'Google Maps API key, client ID and Signature' have changed with Google and that now Google instead point you here:

developers.google.com/maps/documentation...ipt/tutorial#api_key

and then here:

code.google.com/apis/console/?noredirect...76740294382:services

Have you set these up and do you know which bits are needed?

More
9 years 7 months ago #24600 by nordmograph
Yes, althoug these are not required, it is recommended to use a Key when map is largely used on your site
So Google ca reach you when your usage limit is overquota

developers.google.com/maps/documentation...t/usage#usage_limits

instead of preventing the map to load any more on your site.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 7 months ago #24616 by Buzz50
Replied by Buzz50 on topic Advice before buying (today)
Thank you for your replies and support.

The Geommunity3 extension is truly amazing and runs really fast.

I have a few questions; one of which is that I cannot get the Community Builder map to show; I have tried it in many positions and configurations.

Can I send you a message or should I post on here?

More
9 years 7 months ago #24617 by nordmograph
Good news, happy you like it!
As you like, post here or email me using the contact form from the footer menu

Time to create page: 0.349 seconds