[Solved] Errors Registration when NoCaptcha Active

More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #27633 by Brighton
Hi,

With JomSocial NoCaptcha enabled, I get the following error message during user registration:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'RuntimeException' with message 'Unknown column 'header' in 'field list' SQL=SELECT `new_url`,`header`,`published` FROM `ayaxn_redirect_links` WHERE `old_url` = ' www.brightonfmc.org/index.php?option=com...=register&Itemid=106 ' LIMIT 0, 1' in /home/brighton/public_html/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php:610 Stack trace: #0 /home/brighton/public_html/libraries/joomla/database/driver.php(1239): JDatabaseDriverMysqli->execute() #1 /home/brighton/public_html/plugins/system/redirect/redirect.php(86): JDatabaseDriver->loadObject() #2 [internal function]: PlgSystemRedirect::handleError(Object(RuntimeException)) #3 {main} thrown in /home/brighton/public_html/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php on line 610

I don't get the error when your plug-in is disabled.

Please advise.
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by nordmograph.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #27643 by Brighton
This was not resolved with your last update. I still get the same error message with your plug-in enabled, but it works fine when your plug-in is disabled. It appears to be an issue with the way redirects are handled, but I'm not sure.

Please test in the newest version of JomSocial with the newest version of Recaptcha NoCaptcha enabled.

Thank you for your time.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #27644 by nordmograph
This is what I did, when solving the Friends party, No captcha was enabled all the time. and never caused any issue.

Your error message mentions a problem with a query looking for a header 'column' in the #__redirect_links table.
This table is not related to Jomsocial or Auto friend

This is a known Joomla issue:
github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/5953

Here is the solution for you;
Code:
ALTER TABLE `ayaxn_redirect_links` ADD header smallint(3) NOT NULL DEFAULT 301; ALTER TABLE `ayaxn_redirect_links` MODIFY new_url varchar(255);

Let me know if this is solved for you

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by nordmograph.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #27664 by Brighton
Hi,

That did get rid of the original error message, but I still get an error message unless I disable your plug-in.

Here is the error message now:

The requested page can't be found.

Error: 0 - malformed

Go to the Home Page

After filling in the form and the NoCaptcha, it is supposed to redirect to another page to upload an avatar during registration. Instead, I get the above error message.

Any other suggestions - I really want to use your plug-in.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #27665 by nordmograph
Well, again I really doubt this is because of our plugin. As I tested it succesfully yesterday on latest Joomla and Jomsocial, both with a single user for friend and as 'Friend Party', and always with nocaptcha enabled.
Also other customers confirmed it is working.

Not shure why it only shows when our plugin is enabled, but this doesn't mean the plugin is guilty.

I would rather bet on a malformed url redirection stored in your redirections table:

ayaxn_redirect_links

If you can, make a simple easy test, backup your database first and empty this table.
Try the registrration workflow again and let me know if error message persists or other result.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #27666 by Brighton
exported table to csv and then cleared it. No luck. Same error message.

I'll also submit a ticket to JomSocial, but I expect them to tell me to disable plugins and try again. I'll let you know. Any other suggestions in the meantime, please let me know.

Thanks for your persistence!

Time to create page: 0.327 seconds