Unlock Content within an Item View with AltaUserPoints

More
3 years 3 months ago #45221 by LordRazen
Hello,

I try to build a plugin with a new AltaUserPoints rule, which allows to unlock content within an item of my own component.

Here's the idea:
Normally, the item page just shows some details (description, preview image) and a link or a button, where you can click on if you want to unlock the corresponding download.
If you clicked and confirmed, the page is reloaded, the description and preview image are still shown, but instead of the unlock-button, you can see the download url.
Basically a method to get download links with AltaUserPoints.

I just bought the plugin "Spend Points to Read", but this plugin take away the points if you load the item and there's no option to preview the item before you use points on it. That's not gonna work for my problem.

So basically I try to write a plugin myself now.

However, I wonder how I should pass such an event to AltaUserPoints in the best way. I'm not sure if this is possible with the AltaUserPoints, so I would be glad if someone could give me a rough concept here.

My main problem right now: The "Unlock"-Button/URL which should toss something like a "unlock" parameter to the Joomla Session, so this parameter can be used for the unlock process.

Looking forward for a reply ^^

Regards
~Razen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.313 seconds