Syncing current JomSocial user points AUP

More
7 years 4 months ago #36131 by dom
Once I have the interface between JomSocial working bidirectionally (I take it that I can, if not from JomSocial to AUP will work for now), how can I get all the points accumulated by the members in JomSocial into AUP?

Thanks,
Dom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #36134 by nordmograph
There is no option for this yet
A script could be coded though, that when processed checks, empties points amounts from Jomsocial users to credit their AUP via the bonus rule .

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by nordmograph.

More
7 years 4 months ago #36149 by dom
Thank you for your response.
I actually want to keep the JomSocial points accumulating, I just want the current point values in JomSocial transferred to AUP on initial implementation of AUP, then kept in sync by the AUP extension that takes points awarded in JomSocial and adds them to the AUP point totals.

In other words, if a JomSocial member has 1234 points in JomSocial, I want that value transferred to AUP initially so that they will stay in sync from now on.

It would seem to me that it would be a requirement for those who, like me, add AUP in after it is discovered that JomSocial cannot do what we need with points.

Is that what you thought I meant?

Thanks,
Dom

Thanks,
Dom

More
7 years 4 months ago #36151 by nordmograph
So do you want that aup amount is always equal to Jomsocial points amount ??

The bundle you got is not syncing amounts.
It shouts AUP activities in Jomsocial and Reward AUP points for Jomsocial activities, as described in the extension documentation.
AUP and JS rules do not necessarly have the same amount of points rewarded and there is no import or sync of Jomsocial points into AUP.
Id this is something you need , we could develop it. Email if you need a quote.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
7 years 4 months ago #36153 by dom
I guess I do not really understand what I bought.
Ok, so what happens when an event happens that was previously defined in JomSocial that I moved over?
The points get added ONLY to AUP, and JomSocial is out of the loop now? Or does JomSocial also add the points because there is a User Points Rule.

I am just trying to get my mind around how this all works and how we can make it work for us..

Thanks,
Dom

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #36158 by nordmograph
Yes, I guess both accounts are credited depending on each rule 'points' parameter.

Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by nordmograph.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dom

Time to create page: 0.333 seconds