VMvendor Jomsocial Profile Types

More
9 years 9 months ago #23804 by futurefool
Hi

I'm developing a site on a localhost. Using J! 2.5.22, JomSocial 3.2.11, VM 2.6.6 and VMvendor 1.3.

Ideally, I would like to make the VMvendor application appear by default on JomSocial users profile page with one specific profile.

I have set VMvendor -> Options -> Advanced -> JomSocial profile types to "Yes, core profile types" and set the profile ID. I have also set access to the correct user and "Core application" to "yes" in the My VMVendor Products plugin.

This, however, does not have the effect I want. It is still possible for me to add the VMVendor application to any JomSocial user with any profile.

Is there something I'm missing? Or is what I want to achieve not possible?

Thanks in advance.

Ff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #23820 by nordmograph
Hello

I'm not sure Jomsocial allows you to filter applications by profiles in such a way.
Maybe JSPT (3rd party extension) can. Hav a look at it.

However, VMVendor can filter the Add product form to only show to some profiletypes. As set in the VMVendor component options.

Hope it helps.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 8 months ago #23824 by futurefool
Thanks for your prompt reply nordmograph.

So, am I right in saying that what I've done doesn't restrict users from installing the VMVendor application, but only the profile type I specified in the advanced options will actually be able to add products.

If this is correct, it should be sufficient for an initial version of the website I'm making. I will however, have a look into JSPT to see if can do what I require. Thanks for your input.

KR

Ff

More
9 years 8 months ago #23825 by nordmograph
Yes, restricting it in VMVendor option should prevent users from adding products.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

Time to create page: 0.313 seconds