Send button on CONTACT CUSTOMER doesn't respond

More
9 years 7 months ago #24559 by suiato
Hello Nortmograph,

nordmograph wrote: I see, Ill have a look.
Is the form submitting? do you have an error message (or sucess) ?
Let me know

Thanks. Yes, the form is now submitted, and the dialog box is closed. But, the mail didn't arrive, and I haven't been able to catch any error messages.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #24560 by suiato
Hello

The form starting with the line (in /.../components/com_vmvendor/views/mailcustomer/tmpl/default.php)
Code:
echo ' <form method=POST onsubmit="return validateForm(this);" >
will execute the function validateForm() listed below:
Code:
echo '<script type="text/javascript"> function validateForm(it){ var warning = "'.JText::_('COM_VMVENDOR_VMVENADD_JS_FIXTHIS').' \n"; var same = warning; if (it.formname.value==""){ warning += " * '.JText::_('COM_VMVENDOR_ASKVENDOR_JS_NAMEREQUIRED').' \n";} if (it.formemail.value==""){ warning += " * '.JText::_('COM_VMVENDOR_ASKVENDOR_JS_EMAILREQUIRED').' \n";} if (it.formsubject.value==""){ warning += " * '.JText::_('COM_VMVENDOR_ASKVENDOR_JS_SUBJECTREQUIRED').' \n";} if (it.formmessage.value==""){ warning += " * '.JText::_('COM_VMVENDOR_ASKVENDOR_JS_MESSAGEREQUIRED').' \n";} if (warning == same) {; return true; } else { alert(warning); return false;} }</script>';
That is, the form is validated. But, I don't understand how the mail can be sent with this... Because the function only validates the arguments and returns true.

More
9 years 7 months ago #24562 by nordmograph
Yes I just tested and could reproduce the issue.
The form should call the relative controller to send the mail. But it seems it doesn't.
I'll provide a fix asap.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: suiato

More
9 years 6 months ago #24700 by suiato
Thank you, nordmograph, for willing to fix the problem. I'll be eagerly waiting for your fix.

More
9 years 6 months ago #24711 by suiato
I wish I had skills sufficient to implement the lacking function, but I'm not familiar with the VMVendor source code, and think it'd be best to be done by the original programmer. Besides, it's a commercial product, too...

More
9 years 6 months ago #24713 by nordmograph
Sure I'll keep you posted asap

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: suiato

Time to create page: 0.341 seconds