RSS Feed working, but no products showing?

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #27107 by SpydrSS
Hi.

I have updated my products, and the rss feed is correct and is in the right folder, however when I view a vendors rss feed, there are no products?

Please view here
www.coocoo.co.za/index.php?option=com_vm...erid=902&Itemid=1078
www.coocoo.co.za/media/vmvendorss/902.rss

Also on this specific vendor, the company image is not showing, even though everything is showing on his vendors profile?
www.coocoo.co.za/media/vmvendorss/872.rss

In the rss feed there is products i.e.:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?><rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc=" purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/ ">Photosauce - My products www.coocoo.co.za/index.php?option=com_vm...d=902&Itemid=995 My online catalogue at www.coocoo.co.za/ Nordmograph.com - VMVendor user catalogue RSS feed for Virtuemart and JoomlaSun, 08 Feb 2015 10:31:38 +0200en www.coocoo.co.za/images/stories/virtuema...resized/902_logo.png Photosauce - My products www.coocoo.co.za/index.php?option=com_vm...d=902&Itemid=995 Platinum Package www.coocoo.co.za/gauteng/photography-vid...latinum-package.html Photographers: 3 Hours: Unlimited Travel: Included Album: 12" x 16" + (2) 9" x 12" Fine Art Lay Flat Album DVD & Images: Hi-Res and Social Media
Travel out of Johannesburg will be charged at R4.00 per Km. This Package is just a guide and can be ... </description><pubDate>Sat, 31 Jan 2015 08:49:12 +0200</pubDate><guid> www.coocoo.co.za/gauteng/photography-vid...latinum-package.html
Platinum Package www.coocoo.co.za/gauteng/photography-vid...latinum-package.html Photographers: 3 Hours: Unlimited Travel: Included Album: 12" x 16" + (2) 9" x 12" Fine Art Lay Flat Album DVD & Images: Hi-Res and Social Media
Travel out of Johannesburg will be charged at R4.00 per Km. This Package is just a guide and can be ... </description><pubDate>Sat, 31 Jan 2015 08:49:12 +0200</pubDate><guid> www.coocoo.co.za/gauteng/photography-vid...latinum-package.html
Platinum Package www.coocoo.co.za/gauteng/photography-vid...latinum-package.html Photographers: 3 Hours: Unlimited Travel: Included Album: 12" x 16" + (2) 9" x 12" Fine Art Lay Flat Album DVD & Images: Hi-Res and Social Media
Travel out of Johannesburg will be charged at R4.00 per Km. This Package is just a guide and can be ... </description><pubDate>Sat, 31 Jan 2015 08:49:12 +0200</pubDate><guid> www.coocoo.co.za/gauteng/photography-vid...hotography/platinum-

etc etc...
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by SpydrSS.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #27116 by nordmograph
Hello

It seems your vendor profile are private, is this wanted ?
I'll do further testing on these feeds.

ALso understand the RSS feed doesn't update when adding or editing a product via the backend.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 2 months ago #27121 by SpydrSS
Hi,

Only logged in people could see the vendor profiles, but I have now made it public.. still no resolution

This profile has no products, even though I just updated a product (from the front):
www.coocoo.co.za/index.php?option=com_vm...e&userid=902&Itemid=

But this vendor does have products (but why no logo?):
www.coocoo.co.za/index.php?option=com_vm...e&userid=854&Itemid=

This is very baffling, is there somewhere else I must set the profiles to public? Did I miss something because one works, but the others dont?

More
9 years 2 months ago #27141 by nordmograph
No

You mean the RSS icon ?
There are 2 requirement for it to show:
RSS feed enabled and file exists

Obviously file exists
www.coocoo.co.za/media/vmvendorss/854.rss

I would update a product once again so it is rebuilt.

I'm guessing that most issues here could come from the fact you have html tags in your custom descriptions.
Can you try this:
open components/com_vmvendor/helpers/functions.php on line 83
edit to get:
Code:
$rss_xml .= strip_tags($product->product_s_desc) ;
Then try updating the products again.
Let me know.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 2 months ago #27148 by SpydrSS
Hi,

I dont mean the icon, I mean the vendor image on the rss feed, look here:

www.coocoo.co.za/media/vmvendorss/854.rss <- no vendor image

For this vendor the image is there: www.coocoo.co.za/media/vmvendorss/902.rss

but I edited a product, but still no product on rss feed... I did the edit of function before editing the product.

More
9 years 2 months ago #27151 by SpydrSS
This RSS thing is driving me crazy, here is whats happening,

if you have any special characters, i.e.: & : ()

Or bold, italic etc... it simply does not add your product to the rss feed (Funny thing is if you strip the first product of any html or coding, the rest of your products show???

So instead of this:

Photographers: 3
Hours: Unlimited
Travel: Included
Album: 12" x 16" + (2) 9" by 12" Fine Art Lay Flat Album
DVD & Images: Hi-Res and Social Media

Travel out of Johannesburg will be charged at R4.00 per Km.
This Package is just a guide and can be amended as per Bride & Groom's Request.
Accommodation must be supplied if needed.
Please book well in advance to ensure availability

We now have this?

Photographers: 3 Hours: Unlimited Travel: Included Album: 12" x 16" + (2) 9" by 12" Fine Art Lay Flat Album DVD & Images: Hi-Res and Social Media
Travel out of Johannesburg will be charged at R4.00 per Km. This Package is just a guide and can be

Time to create page: 0.327 seconds