Vendor registration

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #40857 by veronicaapril
Hello, can you please let me know if there is a way to auto approve vendors? It looks like admin has to change the status from shopper to vendor in the back end? is this correct and is there anyway a vendor can register and be automatically approved? Seems like i am missing a userfield which allows users to register as vendor vs shopper only. thanks much. Veronica
ps. site this is being built and used on is new.hempslist.com
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by veronicaapril.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #40858 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic Vendor registration
Hello

A registered user becomes a vendor after adding a 1st product via the front end form.
A simple as this.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #42200 by
Replied by on topic Vendor registration
Hi! The proposed scheme is not very convenient. Since regular buyers registered on the site should not see the seller's tools.
I'd like to separate buyers and sellers. The buyers group is registered, and the sellers of the vendor group. I have assigned the vendor group as in the picture in the attachment. But regular registered can still add products and create stores.

How to restrict a group is registered to add items and become a seller?
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by .

More
5 years 9 months ago #42206 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic Vendor registration
You can set the add product form page menu item, only available to your vendors group. Same for dashboard.

Leave the my vendor profile page allowed to registered, but only make the 'my vendor profile' page menu item inside a menu only accessible to vendors.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #42217 by
Replied by on topic Vendor registration
Thanks for your reply! What you're suggesting was clear from the start. But this is not the most convenient option, You know. For example, if the user menu (both buyer and seller) should be located in one modular Joomla position. If both buyer and seller are located in registered, then both menus will be available to everyone (the seller can see the buyer's menu, and the buyer can see the seller's menu).

Only if you create a separate user group, you can solve this problem. A separate group will help you use the user group selection when registering on the site.

Maybe you had thoughts of doing something like this? Or there is a hint - how to determine the rights to manage the store only for a special group of users?
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by .

Time to create page: 0.346 seconds