Order & Customer Info Access Control

More
6 years 3 days ago #41545 by andkit01
Hi,

Is it possible to create multiple User Groups (e.g., "Full Vendor", "Product Entry")... where in a "Full Vendor" account, the user can add products, as well as view orders against the product... however in a "Product Entry" account, the user can add products, but do not have access to any order or customer information... Note that for both cases, the order processing is done through the main vendor (admin)...

Thank you, appreciate your help and advice...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 days ago #41547 by nordmograph
Hello

No this is not possible on the VMVendor level, you can do this with menu items ACL.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
6 years 2 days ago #41551 by andkit01
Hi,

Thanks for your response. The issue with using menu items ACL is in principle with the right URL, e.g., /index.php?option=com_vmvendor&view=dashboard, the restricted "product entry"-only user will still be able to access the Customer and Order information...

But I understand that there is no built-in functionality in VMVendor to do this access control... I am wondering whether you can recommend any alternative method to achieve this (e.g., including using a separate component/module for the "Product Entry"-only users)... Any help is much appreciated... Thanks much again...

More
5 years 11 months ago #41563 by andkit01
Hi,

Not sure if this is what you were referring to, I looked more into this, and found that VirtueMart has ACL permissions, which include "Order Access"...

I tried setting the "Order Access" ACL to Not Allowed... However, I found that the vendor user can still view orders through VMVendor Dashboard...

I also looked into VMVendor ACL permissions, unfortunately there is no "Order Access" option...

My questions:
- With the VirtueMart "Order Access" ACL set to Not Allowed, how can the order information show up on the vendor user Dashboard page?
- Can you tell me how VMVendor get the order information? Maybe I need to set a different VirtueMart ACL permission to Not Allowed?

Thanks much again in advance for your help with this... I really need to have Order and Customer information permission control depending on user group... Looking forward for your advice...

More
5 years 11 months ago #41564 by nordmograph
VMVendor doesn't have yet any ACL for every action.
A vendor has access to every VMVendor front end pages.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
5 years 11 months ago #41581 by andkit01
Hi,
I have a general question not specific to access control... Can you let me know how does VMVendor integrate with EasySocial? Any example screenshots or demo would be ideal... but if not, if you can give a list of integrated features, it would be helpful...

Questions more specifically related to order/customer access control:

- With some modification on VMVendor extension (e.g., removing the order/customer section on the dashboard), as a standalone or integrated with EasySocial, is it possible to achieve what I needed (i.e., to have certain user group to not have access to order/customer info, while other user group can have full vendor access)? Could you give some guidance/pointer on which sections I may need to change?

- For the native ACL permission controls on VMVendor (e.g., to have certain user groups to have full vendor access, and some user groups to have "add new product" and "product catalog" access only without access to orders or customer info), will you consider the possibility to add this feature as a paid add-on? I don't have budget for a full custom/exclusive development, but could potentially purchase additional add-on, something that you could also build for VMVendor customers in general... is this something possible?

Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.356 seconds