No shipping options on cart?

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #44647 by Beachalog
Hi,

I've been setting up some of my own products on my store. I've set up a shipping method, but when I test this by adding a product to the cart, I see this:

Selected shipment
No shipment selected
Please select a shipment method
We are sorry, no shipment method matches the characteristics of your order.

Why are vendor shipping methods not showing up on the cart? Where are the instructions to make this work?

I have discovered that I need to go into the backend of Virtuemart and set the shipping option to "shared" to make it work, but the options that I selected on the front end as a vendor do NOT show up there. How do I make this work? I can't go into every shipping option set by every vendor and do this manually!

Thanks. Store is live. I need this fixed ASAP.

Thanks.
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Beachalog. Reason: More information

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #44649 by Beachalog
Hi again,

Just tried again. The shipping options set in the vendor account DEFINITELY don't apply to the cart. I need to know how to set this up so vendors can create their own shipping rules, or this is completely useless.

Thanks.

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #44650 by Beachalog
Hi again,

Another question.

Obviously, if a shopper is buying an item from more than one vendor, they will need to have individual shipping charges. Does this component take this into account?

For example, if they buy from three vendors, there would be three shipping charges?

This is VERY important too! A user manual for this is VERY necessary! There is no documentation that outlines how this works or how to set it up.
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Beachalog.

More
3 years 10 months ago #44651 by nordmograph
Hello,

These are mostly Virtuemart related questions.
and the way you set Multivendor mode in VIRTUEMART configuration.

Virtuemart configuration -> advanced Settings ->Multi-vendor cart handling

Note that Vendors shipment methods are not SHARED, they only apply to specific vendors.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
3 years 10 months ago #44652 by Beachalog
Yeah... that's not really helpful.

What should the settings be to make YOUR component work?

Also, shipping options don't show up at all until I set them to shared.

Time to create page: 0.406 seconds