Custom field image

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #23065 by brsi
Custom field image was created by brsi
Hi, is it possible to display and use custom field images with VMVendor?
Thanks.
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by brsi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #23068 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic Cutom field image
Hello Brsi,

No , as VMVendor allows to use as many image fields as required.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 11 months ago #23075 by brsi
Replied by brsi on topic Cutom field image
Hi, not sure whether I was clear enough; I am using VM custom fields image (type) as a cart attribute for the user to select a specific option (color, maerial, etc.). In your VMVendor demo site, there are only dropdown VM custom fields, hence my question.
Thanks.

More
9 years 11 months ago #23078 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic Cutom field image
I see, I'm willing to integrate this . Can you descrivbe the way you would use it. It's not clear to me.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #23080 by brsi
Replied by brsi on topic Custom field image
Nice! Here is the idea:
In VM, define a custom field, type 'image' with 'cart attribute' checked and 'is a list' checked (see below regarding the latter).
When creating a product, add as many custom fields images as necessary with the correct price supplement
--> in product detail view, the different option images will display (and be clickable) in a row or column with the associated cost shown below. This is particularly useful when one has to choose between colors for instance.

As for VMVendor, I suppose a dropdown list of the different default images available might do the trick for the vendor to choose from and add the price supplement; the possiblity to repeat this operation (+/- buttons) would be necessary.

Now as a remark, I have to say that I am still struggling in VM to specify default images for a list dropdown custom field image (I have posted in that regard on VM forum). At the moment, when associating a custom field image to a product, one has to choose between all images available in VM ('is a list' unchecked), which is of course not ok.
Hopes this clarifies the matter a bit.
Thanks.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by brsi.

More
9 years 3 months ago #26703 by jingyeu
Replied by jingyeu on topic Custom field image
Hi Brsi,

Any update so far? I'm looking for the as well.

Time to create page: 0.342 seconds