searchable profilefield location within a distance

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 1 month ago #10213 by
hi there,

I bought jomsocial and Joomlaxi Bundle (JSPT,Xi User searc,etc) and try with it following:

A specific supliergroup "A" offer a service and they are forced to fill in a few profilefields.
So they have of cause also to fill in their addresses.

A customer group "B" is searching for a suplier who will deliver to their address. So they have also to fill in there zip code and street and so on.

With the XI-user search component the customer type in the zip code for example and get the information of all supliers with that information.

that works perfectly!

But most supliers are willing to travel to customers in some distances. So I need to offer another profile field to let the suplier fill in what radius additional to his hometown he is willing to travel. so that value have to link to his zip code.

Its similar to the joomlaxi proximity search but the other way round.
I dont want to force the customer to search within some Kilometers to his hometown.
He should simply put in his zip code (German Postleitzahl) and the information of the supplier should effect with the search a hit or not.

Seems to me to do with google maps somehow, or is there are an alternate?

is that makeable with your components?
If yes how?

If not - what would you suggest!

Thanks for your help in advance!!!

Kind Regards
Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #10214 by nordmograph
With Geommunity, it would not be within a search but on a map.
The map will open centered on the (loggedin) user that is looking at it and will display only results within a set (by admin) radius.

In your case, I think using the zipcode is more complicated than using the user latitude and longitude and applying the radius to calculate the distance.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
12 years 1 week ago #10704 by lnietner
Hello,
I'd like to have some advanced search with proximity filter as well.
Can you give me a hint how to realize it? Can I filter the users shown in the map? Can I implement some quickly-go-to-specified-place field (cause that's what your advice sounds like for me)?
Thanks in advance!
L

More
12 years 4 days ago #10767 by lnietner

More
12 years 3 days ago #10772 by nordmograph
Hello

Yes, use the radius filter centered on user locqtion; so the map only shows user's closest sobipro (for eg) places.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

Time to create page: 0.336 seconds