Jomsocial Privacy Aware

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 11 months ago #11077 by
Jomsocial Privacy Aware was created by
Hi,

I would like the JomSocial privacy aware set to Friends only by default. I have geommunity as a core application (set to yes), to force the application on every user's profile. But, instead of having the users go and set the application privacy, I would like to set to friends only by default. How can I accomplish this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #11078 by nordmograph
Hello

Well the Privacy aware settings only concern the Geommunity module. Jomsocial profile application pricacy settings depend ono the user settings and the default is set in Jomsocial settings.
But if you want to force it like you described regardless of the Jomsocial and user settings , this is easy:
Edit this file: plugins/community/geommunitylocator/geommunitylocator.php around line 434:
you have:
Code:
$db->setQuery($q); $friendmarkerprivacy = $db->loadResult();
edit it so it looks like:
Code:
//$db->setQuery($q); $friendmarkerprivacy = 10;

Let me know

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #11079 by
Replied by on topic Re: Jomsocial Privacy Aware
Thank you for the quick reply.

I changed the .php file, and created a new user. However, it did not fix the issue.

I can still view the users map, even if I am not a friend.

Sorry... All I changed was the 10 line. Do I need to put the // on the first line as well?
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by .

More
11 years 11 months ago #11080 by nordmograph
yes to avoid the query but I guess it won't change much.
I'll have a look and let you know.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 11 months ago #11081 by
Replied by on topic Re: Jomsocial Privacy Aware
I tested the complete change, and it still did not work. Thanks for continuing to work on this.

More
11 years 11 months ago #11082 by nordmograph
Hmm yes sorry I misunderstood

Actually this modifications only alters the way friends have set their own privacy.

To perform what you need, Geommunity plugin can not do much.
Everything takes place in Jomsocial (especially privacy field in the #__community_apps table of the database)
If you want to force privacy for friends only it'll have to be in Jomsocial configuration, Privacy tab, profile privacy.

Hope it helps

Time to create page: 0.329 seconds