[solved] Map not loading, loading keeps spinning.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago #6483 by
Hm, when I select another template the plugin does show a map but I cannot do anything with it. Maybe it has to do with my custom jomsocial template.
I will check things.

My module question however still stands.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #6485 by
When I strip my template totally it works, so it has to do with my Jomsocial template. The component however seems to be incompatible with the Ja-purity II Joomla template, even with a stripped Jsocial template it doesnt work. That might be something to check out.

Also the module works with yet another template. I guess something is f*cked up with my templates.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by .

More
12 years 10 months ago #6489 by nordmograph
Well
very weird, there must have javascript errors if the plugin is visible and only the loader shows. These errors would not show on the webpage, but in the browser javascript console.

The module if enabled should just show as any other module at the correct position. Try other module positions. and make sure it is enabled

The module and plugins have for each parameter a very explanatory description tooltip as documentation and we have another page there with a very general installation walkthrough
www.nordmograph.com/index.php?option=com...20&Itemid=89&lang=en

But the mod_geommunity module should show without any documentation help at the correct postion and the plugin should also unless you have a javascript conflict on the page.

Let me know if you find anyhing

IE & chrome have their own javascript console
I think FF would require the Firebug plugin... not sure

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
12 years 10 months ago #6490 by nordmograph
ok I got your replies after my post. Yes probably related to your templates.
Also if you can not manually point on the map, check the plugin 's 'readonly' parameter is not enabled...

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago #6503 by
One more thing.

The info windows.

The module shows a info window of my first profile after loading. How do I disable that? I cannot find an option?
What I want is to open the info windows when I click on a marker, but not one by default.

Same goes for the plugin.
I want it opened for the profile owner but not for visitors of a profile.

How can this be done?

More
12 years 10 months ago #6504 by nordmograph
For the module, it is a parameter, choose 'no or from url parameter"
For the plugin, no option there, you'll have to edit the code.

Time to create page: 0.361 seconds