2 different maps: 1 from cb fields, 1 from mapgeoc

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #16606 by
The reason why I purchased this component is that I wanted to have a map showing how many different nationalities we have among our site users (international students).

So, originally I set the CB plugin to retrieve data from several fields like address, city, state, country etc... And it seemed to be working fine.
The problem is that now some users, after logging in, have tagged their current position on their map where they are currently working/studying, but their current position can be different from their permanent address in their home countries (so, for example, a student from Nigeria is now working in Germany and he's set his position on the map in Germany, and so it seems from my map that we have no student from Nigeria, which is false...).

So, my question is: can I have a map which is fixed, no-one can change it, because the coordinates are only calculated on the CB fields I chose (permanent address, nationality etc...), not on the position where they should decide to pick on their map?
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #16607 by nordmograph
Hello

No, Both ( address geocoder and map picker) share the same database fields aq coordinates.

As user can hardly have 2 locations, what you could do is to use the address fields as base location and the map as current location. But only the current location will show on profile map.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.319 seconds