No Tutorial or Install Instructions?! Really?!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #3438 by
No Tutorial or Install Instructions?! Really?!

I paid for and downloaded your software. Now what? How to a start to configure? What's next? Where do I start to set this up? How do i configure for the registration page?

Absolutely NOTHING to help me get started.
Very disappointed and such a waste of my time.
Get it together and provide something please.

Just crazy.
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #3439 by nordmograph
Hello

Sorry for your diappointment but on the other hand, evey parameter of these extensions are documented with tooltip on rollover and made self explanatory.

You only need to install the CB builder plugin via the CB plugins installer.

It lets users set their locations manually on a map or using google latitude or html5 geolocalisation

you can try this on this site :)

Then Install the module (mod_geommunity), it shows the located users on a map with many options.

I agree to write an aditional documentation but I think most of it, if not everything is explained on parameters tooltips.

Feel free to ask if it's not clear.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 8 months ago #3440 by
While there are explanations on the mouse overs, there really should be some kind of guide to even get you started. Come on. You have to admit even that SHOULD have been done. Even just some screen shots and a 5 steps process. There's really no excuse.
It should have been included as a text or PDF file within the "GeommunitySuite_CB_UNZIPFIRST" file.

For instance, a text document explanation of what the "plgaup_geommunity_locate.xml" is for. These are just the basics that would make the experience good from the start. Instead I am left to explore and search with no guide as to where to begin.

More
13 years 8 months ago #3441 by nordmograph
I forgot to mention that there is also a geommunity page with some guidelines on there:

www.nordmograph.com/en/geommunity.html .

But I understand
Actullay the xml file you mention is an addon, a rule for thr AlphaUserPoints component in case you want to reward points to users for getting located. Useless if you don't user or know that component.

I will listen to your advice and write a basic tutorial.

Let me know if anything else is not clear.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 8 months ago #3442 by
For example, a first step in the guide might suggest:
Step #1 - Set your default longitude and latitude coordinates
• By default this is 0 (and looks blue because it's in the middle of the ocean
• Go to the Community Builder component under 'Plugin Management' scroll down to 'Geommunity Locator' and type in the coordinates that you would like each member to start looking for themselves in

This is VERY important. A simple text doc would have been so helpful. Instead I am left to come through the forums right off the bat.

More
12 years 5 months ago #8342 by reiiyye
Ouais ..

Un "pas à pas" en francais tant qu'à faire ..

Time to create page: 0.331 seconds