display referrer user id instead of number

More
11 years 6 months ago #13860 by foothillweb
Hi, can you please explain how to use change the referrer URL from a number to the user ID?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #13861 by nordmograph
Hello

This is a AUP component related question.
In AUP component admin config page, you can choose between Random number or username as referrer var.

Hope it helps.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #13862 by foothillweb
Thanks for your prompt response. Changing the AUP settings doesn't have any effect. BTW, I got this when I installed the plugin ... is it okay?

I've registered two new users via the referral link and nothing appears in the referrer profile. Should there be badges?
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by foothillweb.

More
11 years 6 months ago #13864 by nordmograph
1. Changing the referrer id from random number to userid (usrname) doesn't affect older users.
So the refferrer stored in the DB is stored.

2. Sorry but your screenshot is not related to the plugin you purchased , but to the AUP component.
It seems you have permission issues on file upload. You caould also create the rule using the Form from AUP component. But if you need more help on Installing AUP rule, you 'd get help from the AUP forum.

3. No badges unless you create some badges and link these to some rules.

Hope it helps.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
11 years 6 months ago #13888 by foothillweb
I installed the software and used a registration link to register some new users, but nothing shows up in the profile. Nothing happens, so I can't tell if it's working. Is there documentation for this plugin? I'd really like to have this feature! TIA

www.calmwm.com/community/98-vaporion/profile

More
11 years 6 months ago #13889 by nordmograph
Hello

From the page you just posted I can clearly see the referral link showing on profile.
There is no documentation for this plugin as parameters are self explanatory.

You might be interested in the AUP component documentation
here www.alphaplug.com/index.php/downloads.html?func=select&id=5

Time to create page: 0.331 seconds