TinyURL issue

More
10 years 1 month ago #21722 by bmaddox
TinyURL issue was created by bmaddox
Not having much luck with getting TinyURL to work. It's just not converting the link at all. Did some searching and haven't had much luck so figured I'd finally ask.

Also the box the URL shows up in isn't very wide.. only about half of the available space on the 'bottom side' jomsocial spot. Any ideas on how to fix that?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #21725 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic TinyURL issue
Hello

Update the plugin, I added a fix for tiny url.
For your inputbox size, edit aupprofile.php

find
size="20"

and change it to what you like.

Hope it helps.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #21740 by bmaddox
Replied by bmaddox on topic TinyURL issue
Thanks for the update, TinyUrl is working great.

just FYI I also had the following issue and I had it before this new version you put out today so wasn't something 'new'.

I had to edit line 51 in plugins/community/aupprofile/aupprofile.php

I had to remove index.php just before the ?option=com_community&view=register&referrer='.$referreid);

making it look like:

$refurl .= JRoute::_('?option=com_community&view=register&referrer='.$referreid);

Taking out the index.php part sends it to my jomsocial signup page now.

I had to do this because it was adding an extra /profile in my referral link making the link not work. it was sending to a page the public doesnt have access to. not sure if it is just a unique deal with my setup or not. Oddly enough, when I was logged on as User1 and looked at User2 profile seeing their link, the extra /profile part was not in their link. Then if I logged in as User2 it added the /profile link but when looked at User1 their link was correct. It only added the extra /profile part to the referral link to the signed in user.

Just thought I'd throw that out there in case others had similar results.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by bmaddox. Reason: had index.html and should be index.php

More
10 years 1 month ago #21742 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic TinyURL issue
Weird .
index.html or index.php ?

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
10 years 1 month ago #21759 by bmaddox
Replied by bmaddox on topic TinyURL issue
yes, index.php I corrected the original post.

But yea, Im not sure if anybody else has experienced this or if I set up something improperly.

Time to create page: 0.361 seconds