Change Display Text and Location

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 6 months ago #8158 by
Excellent extension. Almost exactly what I am looking for... (see below). Next phase is your VM/AUP extension...
  1. How can I update the frontend title text from "AlphaUserPoints Profile" to "MyAUPName Profile"? I don't see this in the language file options.
  2. How can I move it to my "js_leftbar" position?
  3. How can I display this on all Jomsocial pages?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 6 months ago #8160 by
I would also like to include the member's AUP ID as well.

More
12 years 6 months ago #8161 by nordmograph
Hello

1.Well Joomal doesn't allow plugin title edition easily (since j1.6). Only thing you can do is edit using phpmyadmin in your database:
jos_extensions table (replace jos with your database table prefix)
'Name' column

2. You can't really, it would not fit, but you can add the js_leftbar position editing the plugin xml file and adding the option in the Position parameter.
3. You can not display it to all jomsocial pages, but you can display to every profile pages, setting the applications as core app.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 6 months ago #8162 by

nordmograph wrote: Hello

1.Well Joomal doesn't allow plugin title edition easily (since j1.6). Only thing you can do is edit using phpmyadmin in your database:
jos_extensions table (replace jos with your database table prefix)
'Name' column

2. You can't really, it would not fit, but you can add the js_leftbar position editing the plugin xml file and adding the option in the Position parameter.
3. You can not display it to all jomsocial pages, but you can display to every profile pages, setting the applications as core app.

Thanks for the prompt response! I have broken things playing in phpmyadmin, so I am glad you verified that this is acceptable. I will try the xml edit. I have reworked the php file to be a single column so hopefully it will fit. My HelloMe mod is on js_leftbar, and I wanted the AUP profile to follow through the site in the same fashion. I'll let you know of my success (or fail).

Time to create page: 0.325 seconds