Can't change position

More
11 years 9 months ago #11977 by jpl1.618
Replied by jpl1.618 on topic Re: Can't change position
Here's the difference.

Joomla 1.5 (13 parameters w/ position option)

Joomla 2.5 (12 parameters w/o position option)

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #11986 by nordmograph
I see.
The position param (field for j2.5) seems to be missing from your xml file.
It is in the current version and it's showing on my j2.5 setup so downloading the current version of the plugin might solve your issue.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 9 months ago #11988 by
Replied by on topic Re: Can't change position
I've got the latest version installed and this extension does not work as expected.

If set to core application the only position it works in is "Main Content". It does not work in any of the sidebar options.

If not set to core application then a user can choose a sidebar position.

As an administrator I'd like to have a choice and set the position to any of the positions JS has. However, This is not possible.

Also the CSS is not well suited to the sidebar width and of therefore looks pretty ugly and not really usable out of the box.

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

More
11 years 9 months ago #11990 by nordmograph
Sorry I don't understand.
The available positions are
main content ,
sidebar top and sidebar bottom.
To me these are the only plugin position. JS has other module positions that can't be used for plugins.

What position are you (am I) missing?

If set as core app, position is not selectable by a user and located as set in the default postion parameter unless a user had it before and set it to another position.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 9 months ago #11992 by
Replied by on topic Re: Can't change position
As an administrator the only position that works is "Main Content"
Although the admin can choose sidebar top or bottom they do not work. Nothing shows up.

When the admin has chosen the only option that actually works "Main Content" it is locked for any user to drag drop it into the sidebar top or bottom.

If the administrator chooses not to use the option of core app in the only position that works, then and only then can a user choose your extension to drop it into the sidebar. In other words the administrator does not have control.
Further more ths CSS is not good for the narrower sidebar. As you know there's no alternative CSS included in your extension for the sidebar. This makes it pretty ugly and useless out of the box.

I hope this helps you understand.

Cheers!

More
11 years 9 months ago #11993 by jpl1.618
Replied by jpl1.618 on topic Re: Can't change position

nordmograph wrote: I see.
The position param (field for j2.5) seems to be missing from your xml file.
It is in the current version and it's showing on my j2.5 setup so downloading the current version of the plugin might solve your issue.

That might be my problem. I thought I had the current version which is from last year but I am unable to see anywhere when the last time the plugin was updated. In the Joomla extensions directory says last update May 6, 2011 so I thought I had the current version.

Time to create page: 0.377 seconds