Can't change position

More
11 years 9 months ago #12026 by jpl1.618
Replied by jpl1.618 on topic Re: Can't change position
I bought and installed the latest version of this plugin but am still having the same problem where some user's profiles (about 30%) show the plugin in main content position despite the plugin parameters set to sidebar top. If I set the plugin to be optional, I can change the positioning within a profile but this is not a solution since there are hundreds of profiles. Is there somewhere I can update in the database that will force these positions or is it dependent on the plugin? If you need to take a look I can PM you Super User details.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #12156 by jpl1.618
Hello, could you please have a look at an example of the problem here . You'll see that I have two of the plugins showing up but on some profiles (about 30%) places one in the maincontent area despite being published to sidebartop position. I do not believe having two of the plugins is the reason for this because most profiles show the plugin in the correct sidebartop positions...for instance, here . And because I had this same set-up on J1.5 and did not see this problem until I moved to J2.5. For reference, the plugins are ordered 1, 2 in community plugins.

any ideas?
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by jpl1.618.

More
11 years 9 months ago #12159 by nordmograph
Hello

Had a look, trying to reproduce the problem, but I can't yet find out. I'll keep you posted when I do.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
11 years 9 months ago #12161 by jpl1.618
Thanks. It's possible that duplicating the plugin, which is what I did to separate sections, is doing something to positioning. I did the same thing on J1.5 though and never saw this. I simply changed the plugin name and paths to aupmedals in place of aupprofile to get a second plugin. I can send you those files if you need to look.

Time to create page: 0.328 seconds