Can't change position

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #10478 by nordmograph
Well no, maincontent position is below activity strem.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 2 weeks ago #10479 by
Replied by on topic Re: Can't change position
Ah, when i put it as the side options it doesn't show up. Do i need to place a module or something? Is there a way of positioning maincontent in another module?

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #10480 by nordmograph
No
What you set in the plugin parameters is then overwriten by the user params.
If the user decides to show it in own sidebar top, it will, even if site admin set it in main content as default.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 2 weeks ago #10481 by
Replied by on topic Re: Can't change position
OK thanks for you help, are there any ways that you know that I can make it more prominent within the community home page?

More
11 years 9 months ago #11969 by jpl1.618
Replied by jpl1.618 on topic Re: Can't change position
I'm having similar problem but plugin parameters in admin side does not have an option to set position of the plugin since installing on J2.5 (from J1.5). This is set to core application. The result in the front-end is some profiles show plugin in maincontent area when it should be in sidebar top. However, some profiles show it in sidebar top (the correct position). How can I force the plugin to show in sidebar top like I could on J1.5?

More
11 years 9 months ago #11973 by nordmograph
Hello
I don4t see qny difference between j1.5 and 2.5 regarding this plugin parameters (except the plugin name that can't be changed easily in j2.5).
This means in both cases. Default postion is the one set in the plugin, but you can't force a postion if users moved the plugin to another place.

Time to create page: 0.338 seconds