Working on local machine, NOT working online

More
10 years 11 months ago #17776 by don87
Greetings,

I have installed loadsoundcloud content plugin on my local machine while making my site locally. It was working superbly well until I decided to upload my site to go live.

I am not coder or expert but I thought the problem may be at my host so I sought to find out what configurations are different I compared my two installations on my local machine and the live site and I realised that under site > system information> php settings there are some disabled functions that are not there on my localhost. These are

show_source, system, shell_exec, passthru, exec, popen, proc_open, allow_url_fopen

I researched this and found out that most hosts do this with good reason.

However, one content plugin that I installed to embed youtube and other videos still works. Here is the link, and attached is the plugin itself

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/social-...video-channels/15752

File Attachment:

File Name: plg_easyembed.zip
File Size:6 KB

My details are joomla 2.5.11, php 5.3+

My site is www.tributes.co.ke

The best page to view is tributes.co.ke/index.php/component/compr...le/Michael%20Jackson

where I have used the plugin loadsoundcloud

Besides the above, this is a wonderful plugin nonetheless and a positive review on JED is the least I can do to express my gratitude.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #17783 by don87
Now, I had two plugins that had this issue, loadsoundcloud content plugin, and another called ql_wiki content plugin that embed wikipedia and other wikis

So far, ql_wiki has been corrected by adding a sever setting to use curl instead of the default setting which I don't know. Whatever the case, I am so glad that it has now worked. I have attached the very first plugin that used the default server setting

And the updated one that gives the option that allows the use of curl

File Attachment:

File Name: qlwiki-j2....v1.1.zip
File Size:17 KB

I am no coder, but I will try and compare the differences between the two to see if I can also implement it on loadsoundcloud content plugin.

All in all it is a wonderful plugin extension, loadsoundcloud.
Attachments:

More
10 years 11 months ago #17784 by don87
Sorry, here is the first plugin with default settings

File Attachment:

File Name: qlwiki-j2....v1.0.zip
File Size:16 KB
Attachments:

More
10 years 11 months ago #17787 by nordmograph
Hello

Search for "curl" in this forum , you'll find your fix.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
10 years 11 months ago #17808 by don87
Thank you.

Just a small note, I would have never started this post if I knew about php and curl and etc... hope whoever reads this just clicks on the link below

www.nordmograph.com/index.php?option=com...557&Itemid=108#16612

I have also attached the modified php script that will use curl instead of the default method that some hosts have disabled on their servers. Just unzip it and find the loadsoundcloud.php. Just copy and replace

File Attachment:

File Name: loadsoundcloud.zip
File Size:1 KB

www.tributes.co.ke
Attachments:

More
10 years 8 months ago #18879 by Marcusen
I had the same problem and your file worked wonders!

Time to create page: 0.360 seconds