documentation : configure (soundcloud plugin)

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #20289 by tokenring
This is crazy, but where is the documentation on how to use this? What type of tags do you need in your articles? I don't understand how we are supposed to know.

You don't need to tell me, you just need to point me where the documentation is.

Thanks,
Aaron
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by tokenring.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #20290 by tokenring
I've tried the plugin on all 3 modes while having these links in my articles.

{
}
{
}

{soundcloud
}
{soundcloud
}

and a player doesn't show up for any of the links. Maybe the plugin should return some error codes to the UI so we can troubleshoot somewhat. Right now blank pages don't really give us a lot to go on.

Aaron

More
10 years 5 months ago #20291 by nordmograph
First, Hello (doesn't hurt)

Second, What soundcloud plugin? we don't have one plugin, you must post in the correct category.

Finally, If you meant the souncloud content plugin, the tags to use are discribed in the plugin first option, you can choose between 3 types of tags. (modus operandi) you can't miss it. The fields are documented using tooltips when rolling over the fileds labels.

There is no other documentation as the tooltips ar eenough to describe the requirements. If you have specific questions; feel free to ask.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
10 years 5 months ago #20293 by nordmograph
Well

We replyed at the same time.
What version of the plugin is it ? What Joomla version ?
www.nordmograph.com/extensions/index.php...ory_id=11&Itemid=155

I just added your clip with the first mode. and it worked out of the box.

Focus on the first modus operandi.
Are you using it within a Joomal article or in an other component / module ?

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #20294 by tokenring
LOL Norm! See, now you see... ambiguity is hard as heck.

Okay, Hello my name is Aaron.

If you can just send me a link to a technical spec, a how-to, a KBA, or something. I don't want you to have to walk me through a very simple process, I just can't find any documentation other than the threads started about errors.

environment:
J2.5
Latest version of the plugin (1.0.0)

Now, when you ask questions like :

"Are you using it within a Joomal article or in an other component / module ?"

It makes me think that there is a dependency or caveat on one of those items, however I can find that information.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by tokenring.

More
10 years 5 months ago #20295 by tokenring
I'm using it in a Joomla Article

Time to create page: 0.340 seconds