Not sure how to make this plugin work in an articl

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 10 months ago #22778 by
Hi there..

Ive been using Joomla for many years and I am in no way an expert at all.. but I do know my way around the system and I am fairly competent... but I am sorry to say, this extension really has confused me and I am feeling fairly stupid!!

I have no idea to get the plugin to show in a joomla article or module.. I have tried using the different tags shown in the Modus Operandi but still it doesnt show.

I have followed the instructions on a previous thread but still i am confused as to what to do.. as I said, I feel like a dumbass and joomla newbie again..

is it just a case of putting the soundcloud link in between {} those brackets? As I have tried this but no joy. Is there any step by step guide you can give? Perhaps even a little pointer to somewhere I can follow instructions?? I'm working on a localhost so I cant give you a link to check - maybe the problem is that I am working on a localhost.

Any help would be helpful I guess.

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #22782 by nordmograph
Hello

It should be very simple.
Use the first modus operandi
set the tags in { as specified.
Check the html of the article and make sure no a tag is replacing the original link breaking the syntax.
Post the page url and the soundcloud clip page if you need help.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 5 days ago #27553 by mikewitney
i have the same problem what does
Use the first modus operandi mean????
can someone just give me a line of text that will make this plugin work ????

More
9 years 4 days ago #27554 by nordmograph
The forum will replace the code here so we can't post the line.

Open the plugin settings: Find setting MODUS OPERANDI
you can't miss it. The option descibes the way you should use it.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 4 days ago #27555 by nordmograph
I updated the plugin XML changind the modus oprandi field type from list to radio so it's easier to read the Modus Operandi. Redownload and reinstall. It'll be easier to get the syntax.
Let me know

More
8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #31953 by sharloto
Sory for the spam,
but have same problem.. please check my page ,
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by sharloto.

Time to create page: 0.369 seconds