[solved] CB SobiPro Plugin parameter settings

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #19806 by venture4th
Can you please explain what I'm doing wrong with the setup. The settings make sense to me but only one category is showing. I'm confused about which item ID's to use. In the forum I read its the menu item ID. What menu item is that?

Some Background. - The website has one section called Adventure Activity Listings, which has 15 Categories & all but one have sub-categories.
There are 365 members who all have activity listings which may be under any combination of the categories and sub-categories.
The previous version of the plugin worked fine with Sobi2 on the old J1.5 site.

I've attached screen shots. My set up is Xampp 1.8.2 Local host, PHP 5.4, J2.5.14 with SobiPro 1.0.8

Hope you can help, thanks.
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by nordmograph.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #19807 by nordmograph
Hello

The menu Item id is the Itemid you want your links to Sobipro entries from the CB plugin to bebuil with.
It should be the itemid value of your main sobipro men item.

More about Joomla Itemid.
documentation.hwdmediashare.co.uk/wiki/T...mla_Itemid_Explained

Do you confirm you are using Sobipro 1.08
(1.1 got a rework of the category system and the CB plugin has not been updated yet for Sobipro 1.1)
So yours should work fine.

What I suggest is you set fewer fields to start with.
Some fields showing large unreadable strings are encoded values for fields that might not be supported.
What field types are they ?

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
10 years 6 months ago #19827 by venture4th
Thanks for the quick response. Yes, I am using SobiPro 1.0.8.
It seems I misunderstood which ID numbers each parameter refers to. I was confused between SobiPro & Joomla ID's

Just to clarify this is now my understanding:-

Section(s): is the Section ID in SobiPro
Section(s) Itemid(s): is the Item ID which Joomla assigns to the menu link that links to the SobiPro listings
Title Field(s): these are the SobiPro field title ID's that will display on the CB Tab -eg for my site it is the name of the activity
Fields ID(s): these are the SobiPro field ID's that I choose to display on the CB Tab to show more information relevant to each title field -eg for my site it could be location of the activity

Is that correct?

Is it possible to change the Tooltip to clarify this for new users?

Thanks again

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #19829 by nordmograph
Yes sure. This what I tryed to explain in the read me file. Did you read it? Isn't it clear ?
Is the plugin working for you now?

Let me know

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by nordmograph.

More
10 years 6 months ago #19836 by venture4th
Hi,

Yes I did read the Read Me file before setting it up & I did misunderstand what it said. That was because I assumed the section ID's it referred to were all SobiPro fields whereas as you've now explained, the link ID is a Joomla ID.

Perhaps you could expand the Read Me text to make that clearer for new users. I'm not a developer, just a self-taught website owner who likes to get involved in the set up when I can. So at times I do misunderstand the intent of the developer's instructions. I imagine there are others like me.

A screenshot of how the tab looks when it's set up could be helpful though you can't include that in a text only file.

I have set up the plugin and it appears to be working. I'll do a few more test entries to make sure & I'll send you a screenshot of the end result so that users can see how it works.

Thanks again for your fast response and for making this plugin.

More
10 years 6 months ago #19839 by nordmograph
You're very welcome.
Let me know if you have any other question.
If you like the plugin and support. Feel free to leave a review at JED
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...pro-extensions/20507
(but you don't have to :)

Time to create page: 0.355 seconds