Problem with SOUNDCLOUD VIDEOPROVIDER FOR JOMSOCIA

More
12 years 5 months ago #8511 by nordmograph

clubbers wrote: You can also add a standard URL, eg: namemywebsite.com ????????? is very important please...

Sorry I don't understand what you mean. Please precise.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 5 months ago #8531 by
Thank you for the fix, it works fine except for one thing......when the video has uploaded the following error message appears:

CURL error : 6 Couldn't resolve host 'soundcloud:sound" property="og'

The title appears fine but this message would confuse many users! I hope you can find the thumbnail fix also as this would make the plugin perfect again :-) good work!

More
12 years 4 months ago #8598 by nordmograph
Yes , this error message is because the plugin cant parse the sound picture anymore.
a solution to avoid the error is to open our soundcloud.php file
look for the getThumbnail function and make the last line like this:

return JURI::base().'components/com_community/assets/video_thumb.png';

The error message should go...

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 4 months ago #8600 by
Yes that has got rid of the error message, thank you.....but now there is just a black box instead of a thumbnail. Have I edited the code correctly?

public function getThumbnail()
{
$thumbnail = '';
$pattern = "/<meta content=\"(.*)\" property=\"og:image\" \/>/i";
preg_match_all($pattern, $this->xmlContent, $matches);

if( $matches && !empty($matches[1][0]) )
{
$thumbnail = urldecode($matches[1][0]);
}

return JURI::base().'components/com_community/assets/video_thumb.png';
}

More
12 years 4 months ago #8602 by nordmograph
Yes, but before too. The error code was saying it was not possible to reach the thumbnail.
Soundcloud changed its source code a bit
and the plugin (I) not able to parse that thumbnail part correctly for now...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 4 months ago #8603 by
Sorry I do not understand when you say "but before too". I assume that this edit should just show the standard video thumbnail for each soundcloud clip and not just a black box?

Please could you paste the full corrected code as what I did must be wrong.

Many thanks

Time to create page: 0.339 seconds