Color and size custom fields

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #20612 by canalejas
Hi, i have this question:
How to define in VM a custom field to offer to the vendors in VMV enter distinct colors for a product?
What type of custom field? String? (list option?) And then, how to enter the information in frontend vendor form in addition product? (separate with ; ?)
The same question is for sizes.

Thank you !!
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by canalejas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #20615 by nordmograph
Hi

You can create a custom field called 'size'
set it as cart variant, list
xs,s,m,l,xl,xxl

And it will be showing in the VMVendor addition /edition forms. if you enabled the custom fields suport in VMV options

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #20618 by canalejas
I create it but dont show dropdown list. Try with color type string and not runs ok.
I show a screen image of frontend form.

Need some plugin?
Attachments:

More
10 years 4 months ago #20619 by nordmograph
The dropdownfield plugin was required but should not anymore.
Can you try with ; instead of , (coma) to separate options?
Let me know

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
10 years 4 months ago #20620 by canalejas
I'm thinking about this and this is not what i need. The list of colors or sizes should be appears in product details to choose one color or size, not in the add product form. If a product have 5 colors is not normal enter 5 products.

Do you have some idea to implemantate this?

Thank you !!

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #20621 by canalejas
Now I show dropdown list in add product form but in product details only the value selected in VMV logically, but i need more than one value to select to cart.
If i edit a product in backend and add new colors or sizes of a custom field i have a complet dropdown options in product details but i need if is this posible with VMV. I can have a different product by color (ok), but not sizes.

What's your opinion?
The idea is:
1- Have a custom field with all sizes (like nordmograph demo actually ... XS,S,M,L ...)
2- In add product form show these sizes and allow select multiple (important)
3- Send this selection to the product custom field as different option for the buyer

I think its important to round VMV !! B)

Thank you.

Time to create page: 0.332 seconds