Shipping costs

More
9 years 2 months ago #27106 by dimyzz
Shipping costs was created by dimyzz
Hello.
I can't manage Vendors shipping costs.
I'd like that each vendor could decide by himself the amount of shipping costs.
When he adds an item he can select item's price, and I like he could select also shipping cost.
But now they cant.

what can I do? is it possible?
I think other people have the same problem no?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #27113 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic Shipping costs
Hello,
Current VMVendor dashboard, now includes Shipping cost management based on VM standard shipping costs plugin.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 2 months ago #27161 by dimyzz
Replied by dimyzz on topic Shipping costs
ok i install Virtuemart 3 and new version of vmvendor.
I see that each vendor can set his own shipping costs rules.... But I have a problem.....
First I tell you my goal and then the problem:
MY GOAL: is that my cart apply different shipping costs for each vendor,
exemple:
Vendor 1:
shipping cost: 3 euro/item
free when the amount is 100 euro

Vendor 2
shipping cost: always10 euro/item

IF in the cart there are a vendor1 item and a vendor2item shipping costs are 13 euro (3+10).
IF in the cart there are 20 vendor1 items (amount more than 100 euro) and a vendor2item, shipping costs are 10 euro (free for vendor1 and 10euro for vendor2).

PROBLEM
Now every Vendor can set his own roles BUT:
in in virtuemart configuration, under the voice "Multivendor cart handling"
IF I select "Cart belongs always to the mainvendor" --> the cart always uses the same rule and applies that to all vendors.
if I select: "First product determines the vendor of the cart " I cant put in my cart 2 items from different vendors
if I select "By the logged in vendor" i dont know what happens
if I select "Selectable by user" User can choose which vendor rule to use, but cart applies that to all the vendors in the cart.

None of that is my goal. My goal is quite simple: that the cart recognise that in the cart there are more than one vendor and for each one applies his specific rule.

is it possible?
Where I am wrong?
Please help meeeee...... : )
thank you.

More
9 years 2 months ago #27162 by nordmograph
Well
This feature is quite new in VMVendor and the use would be to limit the cart to one vendor.
I agree this is frustrating but for now VM does not apply more than one vendor's shipping rules to the cart.
I'm investigating on a way to bypass that VM limitation with a plugin.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 2 months ago #27164 by dimyzz
Replied by dimyzz on topic Shipping costs
Thank you for your INSTANT reply!!!
that would be a great plugin!!

A question:
is it possible that when i put an item in the cart or more of the same vendor with the option "first vendor determine ...".
if i dont conclude the order but I delete the items from the cart...
Now the cart is empty, but the cart only recognise that vendor.... and i cant put item from an other vendor.
How can user reset the cart if he doesnt conclude the order?

someone else told you about this problem?

More
9 years 2 months ago #27167 by nordmograph
I understand what you mean, and this is more a Virtuemart question,
But I guess that if a cart is empty then there is no first product, and the cart is then waiting for a new first product to determine which vendor to be the owner of the cart.

Time to create page: 0.321 seconds