Facebook Share button not grabbing product info

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #22950 by massimo.faraoni
Facebook Share button not grabbing the description
Hello, I can't get the facebook Share button to work properly. It's not picking up the product description. Can you please look into this?
www.perluiperlei.it/shop/shop/donna/lepa...neborsapemini-detail
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by massimo.faraoni.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #22954 by nordmograph
Hello Massimo,

Could it be because you're not using product short description ?

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by nordmograph.

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #22955 by massimo.faraoni
Yes, you right, just we imported the test product from another program, but I was confused because I have the same problem with the joomla article and K2 article and I don't know how to solve it.

www.perluiperlei.it/shop/blog/119-nuovo-sito-web

More
9 years 10 months ago #22958 by nordmograph
Let's focus on VM product here :)
Are you willing to fill in Product short description and solve it ?
Or do you want it to grab the product full description instead? In that case I'll have to let you know about a little modification in the code.

Let me know

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #22959 by massimo.faraoni
SOLVED on VM, I added short description and it works!
Thank you for your support!

If I have to select the full description I will change the name of the VM field
$doc->addCustomTag('<meta property="og:description" content="'.strip_tags($prod_desc).'"/>');

I think this will work.

More
9 years 10 months ago #22962 by nordmograph
Yes good, but make sure the desription is called in the mysql query before.

Time to create page: 0.337 seconds