VMCustom - VM2sounds. How does it work?

More
11 years 6 days ago #17398 by owen
Hi there,
I've just purchased the VMCustom - VM2sounds plugin and uploaded it to my Joomla! 2.5.9
I am also running virtuemart 2.018a
I was under the impression that I'd simply be able to put mp3's into the virtuemart product description using a simple syntax. Have I purchased the wrong plugin?? lol

I've looked on this forum but all I can find is people talking about 'sound cloud'
I am aware that sound cloud was mentioned in the plugin description but i thought that was only the second ability that the plugin had.

when I look at the plugin (open it) there are no parameters to configure....I'm lost. Please help me.
Out of desperation I have tried linking to a soundcloud account using the syntax that you reccomend...e.g: {soundcloud.com/sashaofficial} (unlinked, just in case you ask) but I can't even get that to work. I've also disabled lots of other plugins in case they were affecting it but to no luck??

Please help

thanks
Owen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 days ago #17399 by nordmograph
Hello

This plugin is a so called 'vmcustom' plugin. Like every other vmcustom plugins, you need to create a custom field in Virtuemart to use it.

GO to virtuemart admin, product tabs, create a new custom field with the plugin option and select vm2sounds.
Call it 'Sounds' for ex.

Then make sure it is published.

Finaly go to a product page, last tab (cutom fields) , select 'Sounds' and add a mp3 or a soundcloud URL in the field.

Hope it helps.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: owen

More
11 years 6 days ago #17400 by owen
Ahaaa!
Thanks...all is clear now!

many thanks,
looks good

More
11 years 5 days ago #17404 by owen
Hi There,

I've managed to get the soundcloud lin working - no problem and it looks great!

Having problems getting my mp3 to show. The player shows but it says 'no file found'

I have tried:
1, uploading mp3 to the virtuemart media file section and linking to it in many ways.....long and short links with and without slashes

2, I have tried link to mp3 within my joomla images folder e.g ...images/stories/mp3/name_of_song.mp3

3, linking to mp3 via link to server

I'm feeling a bit silly! lol
If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong (because I'm sure it's me!) please tell me :-)

Thanks
Owen

Time to create page: 0.329 seconds