Partial Payment creates two orders

More
9 years 8 months ago #23488 by contechitsolutions
Hi,

When I use alpha user points for partial payment of an order, then the coupon code is entered in the order but at the same time an order is created. So when it is time to use the second payment method so as to pay the rest amount of the order, a second order is created when I click confirm order.

The plugin should only create one order.

Joomla 2.5.14
Virtuemart 2.0.24
php version 5.4.29

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #23493 by nordmograph
Hello

Yes, the first one with the full amount is kept pending (should be canceled actually) while the other newer gets the coupon code amount deducted. We have not found a way yet to keep it as only one order, as every time a payment is processed, it generates an order.

Just like if you fail with a first payment method and succeed with another one, 2 orders will be created. first one , would be canceled and second one confirmed.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 7 months ago #24263 by suiato
Hi

>Yes, the first one with the full amount is kept pending (should be canceled actually) while the other newer gets the coupon code amount deducted.

I think the current interface may confuse shoppers quite a bit (at least it was confusing to me at first before I knew two orders were created).

Current interface goes as follows:
  1. Click "Add to Cart".
  2. Choose "AUP" payment method and click "CHECKOUT NOW".
  3. Cart shows the order without AUPoint deduction.
  4. Click "CONFIRM PURCHASE" (This confirms the order without AUPoint deduction).
  5. Cart shows the order with AUPoint deduction.
    Comments at the top of the page shows: e.g.,
    VMPAYMENT_AUP_PARTIALPAYMENT_EXPLAINED
    Payment method AUP
    Order Number bc92023
    Amount 80,00 €
    Order not completed, data is not valid
  6. Click "CONFIRM PURCHASE" (This confirms the order with AUPoint deduction).
  7. Cart shows the remaining order without AUPoint deduction.
    Comments at the top of the page shows: e.g.,
    Payment method AUP
    Order Number 7ff6024
    Amount 68,00 €
    Order not completed, data is not valid
  8. Shopper is supposed to manually delete the ramaining order. (No instruction to the shopper is given to do it.)

My questions:
  1. Isn't it possible to show the order with AUPoint deduction after "CHECKOUT NOW" instead of "CONFIRM PURCHASE"? Because after a shopper clicks "CHECKOUT NOW" (2 above), I assume that the information on the total amount and the AUPoints the shopper has should already be obtainable.
  2. Alternatively, couldn't the inteface be modified to show (beside the "Save" button) that the coupon code created by the partial payment method after "CHECKOUT NOW"? Then, the shopper can click "Save", so that the coupon is used in the cart.

More
9 years 7 months ago #24287 by nordmograph
I updated the plugin to fix that missing translation string for

It is supposed to explain the payment workflow to customer.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 7 months ago #24296 by suiato
Thank you for your reply, nordmograph.

>I updated the plugin to fix that missing translation string for
>VMPAYMENT_AUP_PARTIALPAYMENT_EXPLAINED

Would you please tell me how I can get the update and update the plugin?

More
9 years 7 months ago #24299 by nordmograph
You can get it from your order history.

Time to create page: 0.377 seconds