[solved] Alpha Install

More
9 years 3 months ago #26225 by marceff
Replied by marceff on topic Alpha Install
I just have installed the component but still I do not understand where to place the rule or the xml file. I can't locate "...select the xml file as a rule". I create a new rule but I do not see any xml file selection to select...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #26228 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic Alpha Install
in AUP there is a button called 'Plugins' , it allows you to add new XML rules.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 3 months ago #26231 by marceff
Yes, I made it while waiting for your reply, which was useful to confirm that I did it the right thing.
One more question:
why unzip the BuyPoints plugin ? Should I drag it somewhere by FTP? Should I zip it again and just install through Joomla installer?

More
9 years 3 months ago #26232 by nordmograph
Well

Unless the zip file name, mentions 'UNZIP FIRST' you don't have to unzip to install it.

If it does, unzip it's content before installing it's content.(without rezipping )

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 3 months ago #26256 by marceff
I have installed both AUP and BuyPoints and seem to work, so far (didn't check all yet), but there is a question which I can't manage: if I buy points then I face the two payment option, Paypal and Points. Although it is assumed not to buy Points with other Points, don't you think it would be better to leave Paypal as unique payment for Points product? I can't think where this could be set as it should be in the product page configuration. Have you a suggestion for this issue? Thanks

More
9 years 3 months ago #26258 by nordmograph
Well , you can't restrict payment methods acording to product types in VM.

I will try to add a rule to the plugin so it gets your points package category and hides if points products are in the order.

Time to create page: 0.343 seconds