[fixed] Events don't show up in map / clustering

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #23889 by alumnifreudenhain
Hello,

I've just installed jEvents Maps and Itineraries on my school's website ( freudenhain.de/index.php/2013-09-13-12-5...alendar/2014/07/23/- )
If I enter a location, it works just fine and sets a marker in the map.
However, I'm encountering several problems:
1. I cannot switch the color of the marker to RED. Orange and purple work out.
2. In the product description it says "It will adapt to the page where it is published, for example if you publish the module on a month view page, it will only display events for that month, same for years, days, category views etc... "
However, it only does that for September. For October it shows the Pacific Ocean, and if you zoom out there are still no markers in Europe. For this week, there are several events in one location on 23rd plus one event on 26th, but it just mentions one of 23rd. For some reason it also doesn't show the marker if you click on one specific event.

It would be great if you could help me! Thanks!
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by nordmograph.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #23891 by nordmograph
Hello

1. I fixed this, you can redownload and reinstall the module and you'll get the red markers fixed.
2. Can you check what you set in these module settings:
maplatitude,
maplongitude,

September seems to be working fine too:
freudenhain.de/index.php/2013-09-13-12-5...alendar/2014/09/23/-

It's suppose to show these default coordinates when no event is found.
If some events are not displayed on the map, it might be because theu do'nt have coordinates set.
If you enabled the plugin, only new edded events will get their coordinates, but if you want events added before you installed the app, you'll need to run the batch geocoder admin module.

Also, it seems there is an Itemid issue building incorrect url in the module. Are you using a 3rd party sef component? if yes , wich one?
Also can you try disabling SEF to see if SEF is involved ?

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 9 months ago #23895 by alumnifreudenhain
Hello!

Thanks, red is working just fine now.
Well, as far as I understood the plugin converts names into coordinates. For today I set the events "Sportfest" and "Betriebspraktikum" to location "Passau". Sportfest is shown, Betriebspraktikum is not. On 26th, the Big-Band-event is set to location "Deggendorf" and it is not shown (although it was shown right after I entered the location).
I attach some screenshots showing the module-settings.

I also installed the batch plugin. Is that all that I have to do or do I have to run it somehow?

I'm not quite sure about SEF as this was a pre-designed template. I had a look into extensions - administration and found System - SEF (see attachment).

Hope this is somehow useful. Thank you for your help!
Attachments:

More
9 years 9 months ago #23897 by nordmograph
yes, the batch is a admin module use it and let me know if it helped show more events on your map.
Install it as described in
www.nordmograph.com/extensions/index.php...&catid=54&Itemid=288

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 9 months ago #23898 by alumnifreudenhain
I installed it, doesn't help :(
Attachments:

More
9 years 9 months ago #23901 by nordmograph
Did you run it ?

Time to create page: 0.354 seconds