Not showing correct location

More
8 years 11 months ago #28105 by nordmograph
I don't understand.

The Geocoder module, takes the event location from #__jevents_vevdetail
wich is supposed to be an address right ?
So is that when you use the JEvents Location plugin, it is not an adress anymore but a location ID ?

The file has not been attached to your post.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #28127 by spinfx
Replied by spinfx on topic Not showing correct location
Hi

Thanks for looking into this problem.

JEvents Locations has either an address or LAT & LONG entries for pinpointing the location, and you are correct that it uses an ID for each location.

Being a 4-wheel drive club, we only use LAT and LONG because many of the event locations do not have a street address. For example they can be remote bush camps. Our members find those locations using GPS.

In JEvents Locations plugin, each location and its information is stored and allocated an ID, so when selected from a drop-down list in JEvents main component, the ID identifies the location and calls up the info that is displayed in the event detail page.

JEvents Locations is a very popular addition, so it is crucial that your extension works with it. Perhaps it could have an option to draw location from LAT/LONG or ADDRESS, or both. And, if necessary, to choose between JEvents or JEvents Location as the information source.

I really hope you can make this work as your map display is far better than the small one and the route planner is far more professional. I would much prefer to use your extension. Equally, JEvents Locations plugin, saves so much time in data entry.

Hope that's clearer.

Regards, David :)
PS: I can send other extensions if that would help you.

More
8 years 11 months ago #28132 by nordmograph
Hello

Can you send this plugin atached, replying to a frum notification email.
So I can work on integration.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
8 years 11 months ago #28170 by spinfx
Replied by spinfx on topic Not showing correct location
Will do - it's on its way now.

Thanks, David

Time to create page: 0.324 seconds