Displaying on a Jomsocial profile

More
11 years 8 months ago #12787 by MelB
Hi,

I am trying to show the urlQRCode in a jomsocial module position:

js_side_top

So far I have installed the module, gone to the module in extensions, added the position above, selected all Jomsocial with only show on these pages. Nothing appears.

I am using the latest version of Rocketthemes Tachyon template. I tried it in the content position and it works fine, just not in the Jomsocial community pages.

What am I doing wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #12788 by MelB
Hi,

I have also tried it on a completely different site using a JA Medozite template with Jomsocial 2.6.2 and it will not display in the position: js_side_top

More
11 years 8 months ago #12789 by nordmograph
Try to set it on all pages to test.
If it works, it means you had an incorect page setting.
Module display on pages is based on the menu item id (itemid in non sef url).

Hope it helps.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
11 years 6 months ago #13606 by stevec
Hi,

I am having the same problem. I purchased your module yesterday and it installed fine. However, if I assign the module to a Main Menu page it displays fine in the site template position specified, but if I try to assign the module to display within a JomSocial page, say on the Member's page or Photos page using the JomSocial template position such as js_profile_bottom it will not display.

In summary:

If the module is assigned to the Main Menu "Community" (JomSocial Home) item it will appear on every JomSocial page, but in the Main Template position.

If the Module is assigned to a JomSocial menu item and a Jomsocial template position it will not display.

I have tried turning off the Global Configuration SEF URL's but no difference.

I will appreciate your advice.

Thank you.

More
11 years 6 months ago #13607 by nordmograph
Hello

I guess this module works like other modules when it comes to menu item and template postionning.
So the question is:
Is the module loaded but has its layout broken because of a conflict and doesn't show or isn't it showing because the template doesn't load it on the expected page.
To make sure, set it to every pages of your site and to a js_profile_bottom position for eg.
If you can set it to a public page so you can point me to the url.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #19285 by MelB
Hi,

I have just upgraded my website to Jomsocial 3. I love this little component and want to continue using it on the latest version of my site :)

I only want it to appear on the actual profile page for a member (not on the home page where the activity wall is) but it appears here too. How do I set it to only appear on the profile page for each member?

Also, I wanted it to blend in with my site, but there is no option to set the style to app-box in the module, so it currently sits left with a black border behind it as in the image. If its not possible to have it styled to fit in with the rest of Jomsocial is it possible to make it aligned to middle and remove the border - and maybe make it slightly smaller so its less dominant?

Kindest regards

Mel
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by MelB.

Time to create page: 0.339 seconds