Not showing correct location

More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #28089 by spinfx
Hi

I mod_jevents_map on the site of a 4WD Club in Western Australia.

I really like this extension - especially the ability to show the route from the user's location - brilliant !! It is much neater than the JEvents Map and the addition of the QR coder makes it easy for drivers to put the route into a smart phone.

When I first started using this, it worked fine and showed the correct location. However, it's now showing locations in asia and south america for those that should be in Western Australia. In fact, ALL of the events listed are in Western Australia.

I've been looking for a setting to see if it's miss-configured but I can't find anything to change.

Note, I have also added JEvents own small map showing too - perhaps that conflicts with your module. However, that one is showing the correct location.

Also, I use JEvents Locations Plugin as many of the locations are repeats and this saves having to enter all the data each time. Perhaps your plugin should also look there for LAT and LONG info.

Please see this page and you'll see what I mean alltracks4wdclub.com.au/index.php/events...willowbrook-farmstay

I can provide admin access if required.

Regards, David
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by spinfx. Reason: Adding more information

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 week ago #28090 by nordmograph
Hello

Page is private so I can not visit the map.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 1 week ago #28093 by spinfx
Replied by spinfx on topic Not showing correct location
Can I PM you to provide access?

David

More
9 years 1 week ago #28095 by nordmograph
Sure, you can email me replying to a forum notification email.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 1 week ago #28098 by nordmograph
What happens is the specific location you provided has
as an address so it gets geocoded to the wrong place.
Check your places addresses and run the Admin Geocoder to correct locations.

Hope it helps.

Let me know.

More
9 years 1 week ago #28102 by spinfx
Replied by spinfx on topic Not showing correct location
I think what's happening is that the geocoder is taking the Location ID from JEvents Locations Plugin and trying to convert that (see below)
Code:
Result by Google jEvent ID: 15 from:2, Storing coordinates: 37.0111433 / 48.0086563 Result by Google jEvent ID: 18 from:3, Storing coordinates: 18.4566997 / -69.1950381 Result by Google jEvent ID: 19 from:2, Storing coordinates: 37.0111433 / 48.0086563 Result by Google jEvent ID: 20 from:2, Storing coordinates: 37.0111433 / 48.0086563 Result by Google jEvent ID: 21 from:1, Storing coordinates: 32.4964607 / 44.6267009

It's a shame because the JEvents Locations Plugin is a huge help when it comes to adding data for frequently used locations.

I suspect that your extension might need a modification to make sure it takes the LAT and LONG from the plugin.

I've attached the plugin in case it will help you.

Regards, David

Time to create page: 0.470 seconds