Documentation

More
6 years 3 months ago #40673 by PiranhaPete
Documentation was created by PiranhaPete
Is there anymore documentation other than the 2 documents online? It's not clear to me how this extension actually works. Although the existing docs talk about Tab settings, I don't know how to set up locations, assign articles/modules to specific check-ins, etc..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #40674 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic Documentation
A location is set in an article thanks to the geocheckin_setlocation plugin.
When enabled, it should show as a specific button in your text editor.
It will open a map you can click to set a location to the article.

Hope it helps.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
6 years 3 months ago #40681 by PiranhaPete
Replied by PiranhaPete on topic Documentation
OK, so the plug in is enabled and the location button shows up in the text editor for creating an article. I inserted -
{latitude:47.6328085;longitude:-122.37478340000001;area:West Queen Anne, Seattle, WA, USA;zoom:16;maptype:ROADMAP;stamp:1516401437;}

This is about 300 miles from my location.

I created a new module to show that article (see attached)

I anticipated it would not show as I am 300 miles away..what other parameters do I need to set so this module/article will only show when I'm at the chosen location?
Attachments:

More
6 years 3 months ago #40682 by nordmograph
Nothin, it will always show. ONly you won't be enable to checkin there if it's too far away from you.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
6 years 3 months ago #40684 by PiranhaPete
Replied by PiranhaPete on topic Documentation
OK, I was able to check in.

I want to use this extension a little differently though.

I want to show a module or article AFTER the user checks-in (I was thinking it was able to do this). I need to give the user additional instructions after they check in to a location..make sense?

More
6 years 3 months ago #40685 by nordmograph
Well done.

No, there is not such feature.

Time to create page: 0.344 seconds