Cannot get to work correctly

More
7 years 7 months ago #34530 by maddsloper
Hey bud,

I know that you are on vacation during this month but I just wanted to ask a question. I cannot get my checkin for easy social to work correctly. I currently have it work set for a crazy distance but it only checks in from your original location. If you are further away than what you have set in parameters then you are too far to check in. I was hoping this was like a fb checkin .... when you are traveling or on vacation you can check in at a hotel, resort, restaurant or where ever, not just where you are from. That is what is currently happening. I have set my default location for my area and not deep sea.

Also, I am using a Yootheme Luna and my mobile side is not quite configured yet and to me is not working as it should. However I do not have the script set for just mobile devices, you can use the computer too. Anyway, I have a few of your scripts and this is the only one I just cannot seem to get right. My site is brand new and I am just getting it working. I will attach you a file for backend login. If you could please help or at least just tell me what I need to do. Much appreciated. Hope time off is relaxing for you.

-Marc Maddox (Maddsloper)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #34531 by nordmograph
Hello

Sorry for the late reply.
This extension is a GeoCheckin application, where 'Geo' input the notion of distance, just like Foursquare.com. You need to be physically within the distance rangen to valid a checkin. If you wanty to get rid of that distance requirement, an easy solution can be to set the distance setting with a ridiculously high value, but any one would then be able to checkin anywhere.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
7 years 6 months ago #34673 by maddsloper
OK, I sincerely apologize as I am not really sure how FourSquare works. I just assumed that this checkin app worked in a similar way as most check in options. Meaning that since I travel on a regular basis, that say I could check in at an airport to show that I was here. Or, if going to a restaurant that I was here. So, not sure how FourSquare differs. The parameters seem to be pretty easy to setup, so I am guessing this is not what this app does. Is that correct?
So I guess I should ask how does this app reference your address field? Like I have mentioned before usually these issues are pretty easy to resolve but this one just has me baffled. I also have Geommunity 3 for EasySocial as well. Does this interact at all with this app? I guess you can say I am completely lost on how this is to work and how to get it working.... Sorry bud

More
7 years 6 months ago #34675 by nordmograph
Yes, checkin is exactly what you describe:

When checkin in at a airport, if you're outside the airport, checkin is not possible. Distance matters.
This is the same with Social Geocheckin.

Depending on profiletypes, some EasySocial users are locations (hosts), others are visitors (or both can be both)
and visitors are able to checkin visiting a "host" profile, but it also requires being physicaly present close to the host's physical address.

Geommunity doesn't interact directly with Social Geocheckin, but both use the same locations so it can make sense using both.

Hope this makes it clearer.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

Time to create page: 0.340 seconds