[fixed] Customizing sample profiles for jomsocial

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #31247 by fazeday
Hi there.

I just among other plugins bought the “Sample profiles” generator for jomsocial.

Is there any way that normal users are allowed to send friend requests and messages to the sample users ?
If not, users will see that the profiles are not real.

On all sample profiles the “Add as friend” and “Send message” are not clickable.

Also – even as an administrator I can’t change the profile picture of the sample users. Is there any way to do this ?

Thanks.

Danny
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by nordmograph.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #31248 by nordmograph
Hi Danny,

What are you using ? CB, Jomsocial or EasySocial ?
I don't see a reason why these message buttons or friends would not be clickable.
For the system, these users are exactly the same as other users.

Only drawback is their email is fake, so notifications are not received.

To change an avatar, you need to login as the user.
You can also download all the avatars to replace these with photos. You can discern female and males avatar in the file naming.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
8 years 2 months ago #31249 by fazeday
Hi.

It is set to Jomsocial mode.

When i made a sample user i can't change the avatar or cover even if i log in as the user.

As a normal user i can't befriend the sample user or send it a message when visiting the profile.
But when making a mouse over on "Newest profiles" from the frontpaghe i can.

Should i change a setting ?

Where can i download avatars ?

If you try visit www.fazeday.com you wil see the profile "Asger A. Holst" - its a sample profile.
You can log in with user: Asger and password: Test
It is funny - when logging on on front page - the profile menus are not acessible. After pressing for example "groups",
the profile pull-down appears.
Cover is still not to change.

E-mail is not a problem we don't need that :)

If we can make this work it is a GREAT plugin!

More
8 years 2 months ago #31251 by nordmograph
Hi

Just visited. There is a javascript issue on profile page preventing js features to work correctly.
Does it happen only on sample profiles created with the sample profile module ?
If no, there is an issue in the page jomsocial template or other.
The broken code semm to be related to Squeezebox.

If yes, it could be because on an incorrect setting when creating users can you check your settings for new sample users, eventually post a screenshot.
In this case you'll have to remove sample users (thanks to our plugin button for this) and recreate these.

Let me know

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
8 years 2 months ago #31254 by fazeday
It only happens with the sampleprofiles. The jomsocial site is brand new and bugfree.

I wanted to attach a screenshot - its 155kb - but your system sais it exceeds the size limit,
so i sent you on mail.

More
8 years 2 months ago #31265 by nordmograph
Hi

I have no clue yet, I guess it is because of a missing setting in the module, try setting gender etc.. with FIELD_GENDER and other required fields.
If you want I can login to your admin and do further testings.
Email me backend access if you want.

Time to create page: 0.374 seconds