Easy social integration

More
9 years 6 months ago #24971 by remy@redshift.fr
Hello,

I have a working ES community site running (latest Joomla3 & ES versions).
I just bought and installed the geocommunity3 ES plugin in order to show a map of our members.
Now I want to add a sidebar menu entry to display the plugin in the content view :

I have no idea of how to do that since I am a PHP and Joomla total newbie.

Can you help? thanks !
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #24972 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic Easy social integration
Salut Remy,
This would require to create a profile application that adds a menu item to the global map on that page.
(you first need to create a Joomla page where you set the Geommunity3es module.)

Geommunity3 for EasySocial doesn't have a profile application like CB or Jomsocial, simply because it doesn't need one (except for specific purposes like yours). ES addressfield is powerfull (better geolocation than Jomsocial) and flexible and even shows a map.

I can create the app you ask for , but this would be a custom dev work.
Email me if you need a quote.

Adrien

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 6 months ago #24973 by remy@redshift.fr
Thanks for your answer. I am not sure I understand your answer correctly. I don't want to show a map for the current profile, I want to show the global map with all the users. If the problem is to add an entry to the side menu, we can put the entry in the top bar or in the header. The only thing is that I don't want the user to leave ES to view the map.

What is the standard way of integrating Geommunity3 with ES that would not require a custom dev ?
Thanks

More
9 years 6 months ago #24975 by nordmograph
I see, then you need a profile app (still) that has a canvas view (and menu item).
In that canvas view a module position where you can embed the Geommunity module.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 6 months ago #24981 by remy@redshift.fr
Ok so to sum up, the standard way would be to create a separate Joomla page with the map and link this page from the ES menu, correct ?

More
9 years 6 months ago #24982 by nordmograph
Well you can not add menu items into the ES menu bar without an application.
so 2 solutions:

- app ading a link to another joomla page with the map module
- app with a link to the app canvas (inside easysocial) with a module position showing the Geommunity map module.

Time to create page: 0.325 seconds