sort by group type

More
8 years 8 months ago #29197 by marcelpu
sort by group type was created by marcelpu
I am making a sport website where on your map you will be able to see various sports clubs, my question is how to make on the map you be able to sort by sport type like (football, hockey, soccer groups)? so you can click football and only see football groups on the map, etc.

thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #29201 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic sort by group type
Hi Marcelpu,

There are 2 ways to do it with Geommunity3es

Either by setting a specific profile type by activity
or according a profile custom field and setting it as customfield filter.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
8 years 7 months ago #29326 by marcelpu
Replied by marcelpu on topic sort by group type
I am trying to figure out about how to have different group categories not profile categories, but how would i setup the groups in easysocial so your software recognized that there are three different types of groups. Also once i do that, how do i setup your software so on your map it shows category (group A, group B, group C) so my guest can click (group A) and only see groups that people made in easysocial that are group A? i'm not sure how to setup either on either program?

More
8 years 7 months ago #29327 by marcelpu
okay update I see I can make different categories on easysocial that the groups can belong to, so once i have groups in different categories, how do i setup your software so that on the map, it allows someone to click on each category to only see groups that belong to that category. You may need to explain in detail i'm not so smart, ty.

More
8 years 7 months ago #29330 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic sort by group type
Hi Marcelpu,

If your Joomla groups are associated to EasySocial profiles,
It can be done enabling the profile types filter in the module.

Have you tryed this yet ?

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
8 years 7 months ago #29331 by marcelpu
no, i'm confused sir

Time to create page: 0.338 seconds