Responsive map question - event marker popup size

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #33780 by joesca
Hi all from Italy !

WHAT I DID.

Yesterdy I did a new Joomla 3 fresh installation, from scratch. Template: default protostar.
I then bought ES and I installed it perfectly
I added a simple event (added as the default Super User account generated by the Joomla installation). It was perfectly added to the category I have previously created.

I then bought Geocommunity3 , positioned the module at "es-dashboard-before-story" and I just added the Lat and Long for the default center map point. NOTE: I did non add any Id to the configuration.
I checked then the event and it was well geolocalized.

PROBLEM
Checking via Chrome responsive developer console [F12] (and also with my Android smartphoneHuawei) I see that the pop up marker event is not correctly shown if accessing the site on any smartphone available (iPad excluded). It's truncated at variuos sizes.
See attach pics.

Once more PROBLEM is:
On the MAP (left side) , in any mobile devices, the Event category list check box is not present anymore.

Any suggestion? Do have I to mod css style maybe?

Thank you in advance for your support.

Regards
joe
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by nordmograph.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #33786 by nordmograph
You you can edit as you like with the CSS from
components/com_geommunity3es/views/userinfowindow/tmpl/default.php
The CSS is not in a separate css file because it needs to be injected directly in the view php file.

Under a specific screen width , some data is hiddent to keep the map usable as the category filter, and some infowindow data.
It's not removed, only hidden with CSS

If you modify that CSS, I recommend you do it using template override method so your edits are kept even if you update the component

copy
components/com_geommunity3es/views/userinfowindow/tmpl/default.php
to
templates/[your template]/htmls/com_geommunity3es/userinfowindow/default.php
and edit this new one.

Hope it helps

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
7 years 10 months ago #33788 by joesca
You are right, they are only hidden.
In landscape view everything is perfectlly alligned.
I understand anyway that the small screen would never allow a full decent view but sometimes this feature is a customer mandatory request. You know what I mean :)

I'll try to mod the css as you suggested.

Thank you for yor support.
Regards
joe

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #33791 by joesca
Hi,
I have try some modifications at the main default.php file (ovveride method )- as per your suggestion - but I can not have a decent view of the popup marker container. Any smartphone have the same problem in portrait view (and also in landascape view some parts of the container are not published; see the "route" botton for example).
As I think this is a little bug, I'm hare to ask you to solve it as this plugin is stated to be "fully responsive" and not be "supposed to be responsive".
This is not a customer personalization but I basic property that should be pertecly working. I'm sure you agree with me.

HOW TO Reproduce this little bug:
Connect to your On Line Geocommunity3 DEMO page, by accesing it with any smartphone. Popoup marker window is not fully visible.

Thank you again for your support.
Regards
joe
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by joesca.

More
7 years 10 months ago #33857 by joesca
Hi, any news?
Thank you
joe

More
7 years 10 months ago #33862 by nordmograph
Well not sure I understand your issue.
Depending on the map size, the marker infowindow is resized by the Google Maps API so if showing the map on a mobile , especialy vertical view, it'd better be full width and yes infowindow would be resized and not fully visible.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

Time to create page: 0.347 seconds