[solved] Map based on users location?

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #41878 by hjames
Would it be possible to add support in GeoMunnity for the map module to locate the logged in user and zoom and filter results on the map based on the admin settings?

For example, currently, the map module will show results on the map based on the default longitude and latitude and then whatever the administrator has set as the default zoom. I think that this should still come into play but when loading a page with the map module, I think it would be nice to have an option to base the longitude and latitude on their location. When this happens the admin should have the ability to set a default radius on the map or zoom level. From there the user should be able to use the map controls to make the map larger or smaller to continue filtering results.
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by nordmograph.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #41880 by nordmograph
Hello James,
Not sure if I get your request correctly, but it seems to me, these features are included:
If you set the module to se html5 geolocation and if visitor allows sharing location, the map would load centered on the user.
There allready are a min & max zoom options in the module settings too that the user can't bypass.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
5 years 9 months ago #41881 by hjames
Replied by hjames on topic Map based on users location?
Well crap... lol!

It sounds like it already does what I need but maybe it's not working correctly since it is on a subdomain. I will move the site to the live domain and retest because currently, I am not seeing the Location request from the site.

More
5 years 9 months ago #41883 by nordmograph
Yes, double check, and let me know if anything not working correctly. There are small differences depending on browsers. But it should work.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
5 years 9 months ago #42039 by hjames
Replied by hjames on topic Map based on users location?
It's working, I was not loading the site via https and needed to.

Time to create page: 0.403 seconds